Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debian 10 "Buster" Currently Defaults To GNOME On Wayland, But That Still Could Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xfcedebian View Post

You say this in jest but you have little clue how correct you are. The holy presence of Debian and Xfce can deflect all evil introduced by IBM. IBM (Irrational Beastly Menace) has spies inside Intel corp introducing bugs that they can further control in software. The sane, rational devs of Debian and Xorg (not the evil traitors who moved to wayland) create their software to deactivate the evil bugs introduced by IBM. You also can't disagree with me about this, I'm not allowing you to. Also install Debian and Xfce. It's unrelated to this post but I just thought I'd throw out a demand for the sake of it.
    You're probably right. After all, XFCE has solved all problems that have ever existed or will ever exist, and is by definition immune to the evil malware that supports Wayland, is written in Rust and uses systemD.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

You're probably right. After all, XFCE has solved all problems that have ever existed or will ever exist, and is by definition immune to the evil malware that supports Wayland, is written in Rust and uses systemD.
      Thank you! Finally a sane, rational member here who understands the developer of Xfce is literally Jesus. Also thank you for not disagreeing with me, since that would be a violation of the Debian Code of Conduct.

Comment

Thank you! Finally a sane, rational member here who understands the developer of Xfce is literally Jesus. Also thank you for not disagreeing with me, since that would be a violation of the Debian Code of Conduct.
        XFCE is perfect and does not have any bugs, it only requires maintentenace.
        You can see in this link that it has 0 bugs.

proof that xfce is the most fastestst desktop and smoothetest low latency desktop

Comment

I wouldn't dare thinking of it. Especially since under the DebianXFCE Code of Conduct, XFCE has chosen to Identify(tm) as being absolutely flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by retardxfce View Post

XFCE is perfect and does not have any bugs, it only requires maintentenace.
            You can see in this link that it has 0 bugs.

proof that xfce is the most fastestst desktop and smoothetest low latency desktop
            We better not take any chances though. I think it would be prudent to create a new website, xfcebugs.org, which will not only report 0 bugs but will be forever guaranteed not to report any bug, ever. Just in case, you know.

Comment

From the trolling to the bullying...

Comment

Originally posted by xfcemint View Post
                Gnome Shell is retarded, everyone knows that. It is a DE for retards.
                Not true, Gnome Shell uses javascript and is therefore teh bestest. You can't say javascript is bad because YOU used javascript to post your comment. Here is a link which proves my point :

It is written on the internet and so is true. It is known.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
                  Wayland represents change, people hate change.
                  I use and like GNOME (except the Shell), I'm very interested in Wayland, I loved Unity idea from the very beginning, I used PulseAudio from day one, ecc

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
                  same thing as with systemd etc.
                  I will never use systemd, not even when I'm drunk.

This forum has the hugest amount of arrogant narrow minded users I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Java software is slow and uses more hw resources than C/C++ software. Gnome Shell is bad, it needs 23 extensions to be usable and then it uses 1Gb RAM and is slow.

How to turn gnome shell from hell to hell:
                    Java and Javascript are completely unrelated technologies, they are in no way connected. Gnome uses Javascript, not Java.

Unused RAM is wasted RAM, Gnome runs fine for me on 8GB.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
                      Unused RAM is wasted RAM
                      I despise this sentiment. I suppose you just leave your car engine running 24/7, keep all of the lights on in your home, and spend every last penny of your paycheck as soon as you can?
                      This kind of thinking that promotes sloppy code and wasteful behaviors, which in turn forces people to upgrade their hardware that otherwise should have been perfectly capable of handling a certain workload. If you have unused RAM, that should be because you bought too much.

Ranting aside... I do agree that GNOME doesn't have a RAM problem, at least not inherently. I've run it just fine on systems with only 2GB. All it takes is killing off some unnecessary bloated services. The same can be said of a default XFCE install for most distros.

Comment

Working...
                      X