Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debian 10 "Buster" Currently Defaults To GNOME On Wayland, But That Still Could Change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    Most unfortunate thing about wayland is that nobody actually likes it. It was born out of frustration about X11 architecture, like lets reimplement GUI from scratch, but this is not enough to like it. They've started with a simple "here is your surface, draw anything on it, there are no native gui controls", but when this principle have started to threaten their fancy themed titlebars they've added server side decorations. When adaptive sync came to linux, wayland could get single useless, but real advantage over X from user side perspective: ability to have adaptive sync on a system with multiple monitors. How do you think, have anybody moved his finger to create protocol extension for vrr? No. Nobody cares.

    Comment


    • #52
      Originally posted by Khrundel View Post
      Most unfortunate thing about wayland is that nobody actually likes it. It was born out of frustration about X11 architecture, like lets reimplement GUI from scratch, but this is not enough to like it. They've started with a simple "here is your surface, draw anything on it, there are no native gui controls", but when this principle have started to threaten their fancy themed titlebars they've added server side decorations. When adaptive sync came to linux, wayland could get single useless, but real advantage over X from user side perspective: ability to have adaptive sync on a system with multiple monitors. How do you think, have anybody moved his finger to create protocol extension for vrr? No. Nobody cares.
      Wayland is an ever-evolving technology and adapting at an exceeding, unprecedented pace. I'm impatient too (much too impatient...), but immediately dismissing it feels like a fallacy to me. Linux itself used to be practically featureless and worthless, but after a little bit of development time it's one of the most powerful operating systems on earth. Wayland's development can, will and currently is enabling developers to create graphical solutions they could only dream about in Xorg.

      Originally posted by Britoid View Post

      Please stop using facts to argue with distro desktop, he's done this shit for the last 4 years and he's just kept around for laughs.
      I find it more thrilling to break down his psychology or offer an irrefutable argument (e.g. "This is my opinion and that is your opinion", "All Wayland developers are Xorg developers", etc.). He stops responding after that.

      Comment


      • #53
        Originally posted by jacob View Post

        In our friend's universe yes, it's IBM's fault. But I'm sure that the bug would just go away if only they were running Debian and XFCE.
        You say this in jest but you have little clue how correct you are. The holy presence of Debian and Xfce can deflect all evil introduced by IBM. IBM (Irrational Beastly Menace) has spies inside Intel corp introducing bugs that they can further control in software. The sane, rational devs of Debian and Xorg (not the evil traitors who moved to wayland) create their software to deactivate the evil bugs introduced by IBM. You also can't disagree with me about this, I'm not allowing you to. Also install Debian and Xfce. It's unrelated to this post but I just thought I'd throw out a demand for the sake of it.

        Comment


        • #54
          Originally posted by xfcedebian View Post

          You say this in jest but you have little clue how correct you are. The holy presence of Debian and Xfce can deflect all evil introduced by IBM. IBM (Irrational Beastly Menace) has spies inside Intel corp introducing bugs that they can further control in software. The sane, rational devs of Debian and Xorg (not the evil traitors who moved to wayland) create their software to deactivate the evil bugs introduced by IBM. You also can't disagree with me about this, I'm not allowing you to. Also install Debian and Xfce. It's unrelated to this post but I just thought I'd throw out a demand for the sake of it.
          You're probably right. After all, XFCE has solved all problems that have ever existed or will ever exist, and is by definition immune to the evil malware that supports Wayland, is written in Rust and uses systemD.

          Comment


          • #55
            Originally posted by jacob View Post

            You're probably right. After all, XFCE has solved all problems that have ever existed or will ever exist, and is by definition immune to the evil malware that supports Wayland, is written in Rust and uses systemD.
            Thank you! Finally a sane, rational member here who understands the developer of Xfce is literally Jesus. Also thank you for not disagreeing with me, since that would be a violation of the Debian Code of Conduct.

            Comment


            • #56
              Originally posted by xfcedebian View Post

              Thank you! Finally a sane, rational member here who understands the developer of Xfce is literally Jesus. Also thank you for not disagreeing with me, since that would be a violation of the Debian Code of Conduct.
              XFCE is perfect and does not have any bugs, it only requires maintentenace.
              You can see in this link that it has 0 bugs.


              https://bugzilla.xfce.org/buglist.cg...ormat=specific

              proof that xfce is the most fastestst desktop and smoothetest low latency desktop

              Comment


              • #57
                Originally posted by xfcedebian View Post

                Thank you! Finally a sane, rational member here who understands the developer of Xfce is literally Jesus. Also thank you for not disagreeing with me, since that would be a violation of the Debian Code of Conduct.
                I wouldn't dare thinking of it. Especially since under the DebianXFCE Code of Conduct, XFCE has chosen to Identify(tm) as being absolutely flawless.

                Comment


                • #58
                  Originally posted by retardxfce View Post

                  XFCE is perfect and does not have any bugs, it only requires maintentenace.
                  You can see in this link that it has 0 bugs.


                  https://bugzilla.xfce.org/buglist.cg...ormat=specific

                  proof that xfce is the most fastestst desktop and smoothetest low latency desktop
                  We better not take any chances though. I think it would be prudent to create a new website, xfcebugs.org, which will not only report 0 bugs but will be forever guaranteed not to report any bug, ever. Just in case, you know.

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    From the trolling to the bullying...

                    Comment


                    • #60
                      Hello to everyone here, I'm new.

                      I would like to say that I enjoy reading this fine discussion very much.
                      In my opinion, the best option at the moment is for Debian to switch to Xfce by default, instead of keeping the retarded Gnome desktop.

                      Wayland is still missing important features like stability and network transparency. Since it doesn't have network transparency, I would also grade it as a retarded design.

                      While Wayland might be the future, that tells us nothing of its quality, which is low. Of course, I expect the retarded
                      masses to adopt Wayland because they adopt all defaults. Also, Xorg cannot be the display server of the future because it lacks process isolation. So, Xorg is also retarded, but in a different way compared to Wayland.

                      I would also like to salute debianxfce, who is a step above me. I have been programming in C++ for the past 20 years, but I still lack the courage to switch to Debian since I got used to user-friendliness of Linux Mint Xfce. But I promised myself to make the switch one day.

                      Gnome Shell is retarded, everyone knows that. It is a DE for retards.

                      Originally posted by retardxfce View Post
                      XFCE is perfect and does not have any bugs, it only requires maintentenace.
                      You can see in this link that it has 0 bugs.
                      Xfce is perfect by definition. All bugs are actually feature requests.

                      Also, Xfce currently supports HiDPI better than any other Linux DE (which all have crappy support for HiDPI). I mean, name me ONE linux DE which support seamlessly moving a window between two monitors, while retaining correct DPI. There is none. Also, HiDPi support should primarily be a feature of a display server, not of a DE, so another thing lacking in the retarded Wayland.
                      Last edited by xfcemint; 05-14-2019, 07:54 AM.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X