Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debian 10 "Buster" Currently Defaults To GNOME On Wayland, But That Still Could Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Hope, that wayland believers really need.
    Why is it needed when all the Xorg developers stopped adding features to Xorg and created Wayland?
    You might be getting your opinion confused with reality. There are things I dislike in the world, I don't reject their existence and insist they're dead or dying just because I dislike them.

Comment

Nothing against wayland but it is not ready yet and not yet supported globally... I mean if from here to the next release it is ready and perfectly working for me is ready to go... In the meantime better sticking with xorg...

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

What works then? Nothing for a graphical desktop PC user.
        It will be interesting to see if your hostility towards Wayland remains once XFCE starts supporting Wayland. What will you rail against then

Comment

It's amazing to see, time and time again, that one troll is able to derail the discussion in the community every single time he appears. Every single time, without fail. He comes in, derails everything with hyperbole and outright lies sometimes (such as here: "Debian 9 & xfce is the best purely on memory usage alone"), and laps up the attention on offer. And every single time, this community falls for it and feeds the troll more and more. And this time he was virtually summoned, as if this was desired behavior, although I'm absolutely certain he would have appeared anyway.

Every single time I see the name, I see him in the middle of a keyboard warrior fight. Every time, without fail. No contribution, just fighting, anger, trolling, idiotic comments and absolutely no respect for the opinions of others.

One person is doing serious damage to this community. My account isn't new (August 2016) but I chose not to participate after setting it up, purely because every conversation turns into this horrible disrespectful mess. I doubt I'm the only one. And it seems this forums isn't moderated, as most wouldn't tolerate this behavior.

Maybe it's some weird inside joke I just don't understand. But for me the message is clear: stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post

IBM must have done this evil deed, nobody else supports Wayland
            Wayland is a criminal conspiracy led by Poettering and RedHat who secretly want to destroy Unix and punchcards.

Comment

Originally posted by rstrube View Post

It will be interesting to see if your hostility towards Wayland remains once XFCE starts supporting Wayland. What will you rail against then
              Actually, Xfce's support in general is pretty lacking and I recall it being pretty hard-coded to Xorg. I'm a fan of it, but I don't ever expect it to actually be ported to Wayland. I have to wonder if that's why certain people have extreme, unreasonable animosity towards Wayland. To think, they find it easier to bash their head against a brick wall vehemently defending Xorg instead of simply adapting to a new DE.

Comment

Actually, Xfce's support in general is pretty lacking and I recall it being pretty hard-coded to Xorg. I'm a fan of it, but I don't ever expect it to actually be ported to Wayland. I have to wonder if that's why certain people have extreme, unreasonable animosity towards Wayland. To think, they find it easier to bash their head against a brick wall vehemently defending Xorg instead of simply adapting to a new DE.
                Wayland represents change, people hate change.

same thing as with systemd etc.

Comment

Technically when XFCE4 is completely ported to the GTK3 (and it is pretty close to achieve it) should be automagically Wayland ready... Isn't it?

Comment

Personally I will use Xfce for Buster. But Mate is a strong contender. I like it lightweight, stable and simple. Will see how things evolve for Wayland with Debian Bulleyes...Then maybe Mate or even gnome-shell will be my choice!

Comment

Originally posted by Ribs View Post
                      It's amazing to see, time and time again, that one troll is able to derail the discussion in the community every single time he appears. Every single time, without fail. He comes in, derails everything with hyperbole and outright lies sometimes (such as here: "Debian 9 & xfce is the best purely on memory usage alone"), and laps up the attention on offer. And every single time, this community falls for it and feeds the troll more and more. And this time he was virtually summoned, as if this was desired behavior, although I'm absolutely certain he would have appeared anyway.

Every single time I see the name, I see him in the middle of a keyboard warrior fight. Every time, without fail. No contribution, just fighting, anger, trolling, idiotic comments and absolutely no respect for the opinions of others.

One person is doing serious damage to this community. My account isn't new (August 2016) but I chose not to participate after setting it up, purely because every conversation turns into this horrible disrespectful mess. I doubt I'm the only one. And it seems this forums isn't moderated, as most wouldn't tolerate this behavior.

Maybe it's some weird inside joke I just don't understand. But for me the message is clear: stay away.
                      Part of why I read these forums is because I find debianxfce hilarious. I bet Michael does too, lol

Comment

Working...
                      X