Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 31 Isn't Expected To Be Delayed After All - Half-Year Release Cadence To Continue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fedora 31 Isn't Expected To Be Delayed After All - Half-Year Release Cadence To Continue

    Phoronix: Fedora 31 Isn't Expected To Be Delayed After All - Half-Year Release Cadence To Continue

    Since November the developers behind Fedora Linux had been discussing whether to significantly delay or even cancel Fedora 31 so they could spend around one year working on re-tooling how the distribution is crafted and work on other fundamental changes. But it turns out now they have decided against this big shake-up delay...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...elayed-Release

  • #2
    Please get rid of that horrible thing called Anaconda!

    2 Days ago I installed CentOS 6.x on some virtual machines which went smoothly and really fast. Then I had to install one CentOS 7.x on one virtual machine which happen to have Anaconda. It was a simple joke! Took 3 times longer to download and install the packages as with the old installer! Not to mention the irritating and confusing menu system and the sub-systems of the menu. It's misleading and horrible irritating compared to the old installer.

    So why does this all occour in a Fedora related topic? Because RHEL and CentOS are based on Fedora.

    Comment


    • #3
      Doesn't this always happen when they talk about cancelling half a year release?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
        Doesn't this always happen when they talk about cancelling half a year release?
        No. Atleast once in the history of Fedora releases, a release was delayed by six months. Specifically Fedora 20 was released on 2013-12-17 and Fedora 21 was released on 2014-12-09. That was a painful change in the release process however and it seems unlikely it would be repeated without very significant benefits.

        Comment


        • #5
          Fedora-Lot should dissapear, i wouldnt even know what that is. prolly not a lot of people use it anyway

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Anvil View Post
            Fedora-Lot should dissapear, i wouldnt even know what that is. prolly not a lot of people use it anyway
            Ignorance of what it is doesn't seem a good rationale to want something not to exist at all. Also if you don't know what it is, you have no way to know how many people use it

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

              Ignorance of what it is doesn't seem a good rationale to want something not to exist at all. Also if you don't know what it is, you have no way to know how many people use it
              itss never really been " sold " to well just like Flatpak, i mean people still dont understand it. or Modules for that matter

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Anvil View Post

                itss never really been " sold " to well just like Flatpak, i mean people still dont understand it. or Modules for that matter
                From what I have seen, people understand Flatpak just fine. It has a lot of users. Others are still in early stages

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

                  From what I have seen, people understand Flatpak just fine. It has a lot of users. Others are still in early stages
                  i guess u an i differ there

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                    From what I have seen, people understand Flatpak just fine.
                    From what I understand, people tend to believe what they've been told over and over again. One day the told stuff is then accepted as truth. Regardless whether it's truly true or just made up. Specially the crowd around Gnome, Flatpak, Systemd, Wayland etc. have a big tendency to make things up.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X