Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 31 Isn't Expected To Be Delayed After All - Half-Year Release Cadence To Continue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by Candy View Post
    Please get rid of that horrible thing called Anaconda!

    2 Days ago I installed CentOS 6.x on some virtual machines which went smoothly and really fast. Then I had to install one CentOS 7.x on one virtual machine which happen to have Anaconda. It was a simple joke! Took 3 times longer to download and install the packages as with the old installer! Not to mention the irritating and confusing menu system and the sub-systems of the menu. It's misleading and horrible irritating compared to the old installer.

    So why does this all occour in a Fedora related topic? Because RHEL and CentOS are based on Fedora.
    Maybe it's a problem for certain configurations, but I personally don't have any problems with Anaconda, in CentOS or Fedora. I don't find it particularly confusing either.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by Candy View Post
      Please get rid of that horrible thing called Anaconda!

      2 Days ago I installed CentOS 6.x on some virtual machines which went smoothly and really fast. Then I had to install one CentOS 7.x on one virtual machine which happen to have Anaconda. It was a simple joke! Took 3 times longer to download and install the packages as with the old installer! Not to mention the irritating and confusing menu system and the sub-systems of the menu. It's misleading and horrible irritating compared to the old installer.

      So why does this all occour in a Fedora related topic? Because RHEL and CentOS are based on Fedora.
      I thought CentOS was based on RHEL? So in a way, yes, it is based on Fedora, but it's more like Linux Mint --> Ubuntu --> Debian. In your argument, Linux Mint is directly based on Debian, which is not the case (at least for the non-Debian edition).

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
        I thought CentOS was based on RHEL? So in a way, yes, it is based on Fedora, but it's more like Linux Mint --> Ubuntu --> Debian. In your argument, Linux Mint is directly based on Debian, which is not the case (at least for the non-Debian edition).
        Yes yes! But this doesn't change the fact that Anaconda sucks donkey balls. My main concern was to mention the Anaconda issue rather than being political correct about the order of distribution forks.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by Candy View Post

          Yes yes! But this doesn't change the fact that Anaconda sucks donkey balls. My main concern was to mention the Anaconda issue rather than being political correct about the order of distribution forks.
          It is only your opinion that it sucks, and I hope your knowledge of donkey ball sucking is only theoretical.

          Also, the installer in CentOS 6.x is also a version of Anaconda... Anaconda has been around for 20 years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaconda_%28installer%29

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by kgonzales View Post
            Also, the installer in CentOS 6.x is also a version of Anaconda... Anaconda has been around for 20 years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaconda_%28installer%29
            <sarcasm>I wouldn't know if you haven't told</sarcasm>

            Go and google for the issues people hit, once Fedora (and thus RHEL and CentOS) replaced their older Installer by Anaconda. The general response was, that it caused more irritations than it aims to solve.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by Candy View Post

              <sarcasm>I wouldn't know if you haven't told</sarcasm>

              Go and google for the issues people hit, once Fedora (and thus RHEL and CentOS) replaced their older Installer by Anaconda. The general response was, that it caused more irritations than it aims to solve.
              I'm well aware of the issues that some users experience. I don't need to Google. You will also note that few people post kudos. The complaints always drown it out.

              Comment

              Working...
              X