Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akka View Post
    I bet they need systemd for wayland as everyone else
    They will, as they'll use kwin. They use systemd as session manager when running on wayland. I'm not sure if this can be worked-around using the *-shim packages. Also, I'm not sure if GNOME has more dependencies on systemd when running on wayland. While GNOME 3.12 can use systemd for session management, this is optional. It should be optional on wayland, too.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
      They will, as they'll use kwin. They use systemd as session manager when running on wayland. I'm not sure if this can be worked-around using the *-shim packages.
      Not unless another service manager provides socket activation, or someone steps up to port the old startup bash script to wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
        You mean Gnome. You can use gtk3 as much as you like, with or without systemd:
        Code:
        $ pacman -Si gtk3
        Repository     : extra
        Name           : gtk3
        Version        : 3.12.1-2
        Description    : GObject-based multi-platform GUI toolkit (v3)
        Architecture   : x86_64
        URL            : http://www.gtk.org/
        Licenses       : LGPL
        Groups         : None
        Provides       : None
        Depends On     : atk  cairo  gtk-update-icon-cache  libcups  libxcursor  libxinerama  libxrandr  libxi
                         libxcomposite  libxdamage  pango  shared-mime-info  colord  at-spi2-atk  wayland
                         libxkbcommon
        Optional Deps  : gnome-themes-standard: Default widget theme
                         gnome-icon-theme: Default icon theme
        Conflicts With : None
        Replaces       : None
        Download Size  : 8528.81 KiB
        Installed Size : 62397.00 KiB
        Packager       : Jan de Groot <scrubbed>
        Build Date     : Mon 21 Apr 2014 09:36:25 AM MDT
        Validated By   : MD5 Sum  SHA256 Sum  Signature
        that's a pile of crap, (in the end), and you know, ESPECIALLY, if I only want to use OpenRC. -so spare the phoney inuendo's regarding systemd binary-bloberia.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
          Keep in mind that if you use it with Kwin to get Wayland support later, you will still end up with systemd dependencies.
          Of course: "We Are The SystemD. You Will Be Assimilated, it is Futile to resist..."
          ya,ya blah blah, we know.

Comment

Of course: "We Are The SystemD. You Will Be Assimilated, it is Futile to resist..."
            It's the "other" posters in here that want to pretend that (G3,...) will be 100% systemd-independent -that is BS.
            -we are NOT even talkin' BSD, and if we were, BSD'ers have long since left G3,..., for that same eventual reason.

Many Linux Distro's have already CLOSED the door on G3, and it's poisonous components, meaning yes, Qt*, or anything else, is better than chains, for now, with IBM/Redhat/Suse/....,
            -ie: LXQt,...

How long can that last?
            Needless to say, Linux has given in to "systemD'uh" -it's become a Windoze suffragette distro,
            Gnome 3/4/whatever, will be unrecogizable, as it is already, in a year or two, ever since their debauchery with ibm/redfart/... -that even G3 admits wholeheartedly to doing, I mean, they had no home, and a "hooker" needs a sugar-daddy, so lets face it, IBM/Redhat has (paid for)/filled that bill nicely for Gnome3, and beyond.
            gtk3 is crap. Their "deal" was build with "systemd", or else? -only a fool would suspect different.
            To even bother trying to defend this, is well, Anti-Free-Opensource,....
            LoL, fill in the blanks.

Soon enough, as long as the likes of IBM/Redfart monetarily help fund phoronix,...
            It's more than obvious, these days, that Phoronix has an overwhelming amount of "Redhat" fanboys, Debian? -barely hear it around here..., and BSD? -well iy's pee-ed on here.

Comment

Originally posted by scjet View Post
              It's the "other" posters in here that want to pretend that (G3,...) will be 100% systemd-independent -that is BS.
              -we are NOT even talkin' BSD, and if we were, BSD'ers have long since left G3,..., for that same eventual reason.

Many Linux Distro's have already CLOSED the door on G3, and it's poisonous components, meaning yes, Qt*, or anything else, is better than chains, for now, with IBM/Redhat/Suse/....,

How long can that last?
              Needless to say, Linux has given in to "systemD'uh" -it's become a Windoze suffragette distro,
              Gnome 3/4/whatever, will be unrecogizable, as it is already, in a year or two, ever since their debauchery with ibm/redfart/... -that even G3 admits wholeheartedly to doing, I mean, they had no home, and a "hooker" needs a sugar-daddy, so lets face it, IBM/Redhat has (paid for)/filled that bill nicely for Gnome3, and beyond.
              gtk3 is crap. Their "deal" was build with "systemd", or else? -only a fool would suspect different.
              LoL, fill in the blanks.
              What are you talking about? You can use Gnome3 on Debian as well as Free/OpenBSD without systemd as pid 1.

Comment

Originally posted by scjet View Post

How long can that last?
                LoL, fill in the blanks.

Soon enough, as long as the likes of IBM/Redfart monetarily help fund phoronix,...
                It's more than obvious, these days, that Phoronix has an overwhelming amount of "Redhat" fanboys, Debian? -barely hear it around here..., and BSD? -well iy's pee-ed on here.
                Sounds like someone has a few marbles loose. You might want to find a forum for the uneducated, conspiracy theorists.
                That's one seriously loony rant.

Comment

I forgot how to ignore people, and a terribly uninspired google search came up with nothing. I remember I ignored some idiot who kept harping on about hating KDE, so I know its possible. Anyone remember the mechanism?

EDIT: found it under settings -> ignore list, its under general settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                    Sounds like someone has a few marbles loose. You might want to find a forum for the uneducated, conspiracy theorists.
                    That's one seriously loony rant.
                    What... You mean that isn't what this place is?

Comment

Michael will sure be happy to hear he's now funded by both IBM and Red Hat.

Comment

Working...
                      X