No announcement yet.

Firefox 29.0 For Linux Is Now Available For Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There we go... the fucking rounded corners and tabletoid interface for morons.

Comment

Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
      I'd to say I like this new UI in general.
      However the reload button is too small to use, so I picked "Classic Theme Restorer" to get it back.
      I have always used https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ck/?src=search to reload pages, no need for a small button if I can use the tab itself.
      RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
        There we go... the fucking rounded corners and tabletoid interface for morons.
        Oh come on, don't be so dramatic.
        RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Originally posted by sobkas View Post
          Oh come on, don't be so dramatic.
          Originally posted by sobkas View Post
          Previous UI was so ugly I couldn't look at Firefox, with this new one I switched back from Chromium. So I might say it's very nice.

Just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
            Just sayin...
            lol

In all honesty though, when the Nightly channel (which I use mainly) switched over at the end of last year, I'd already had some experience with Australis after messing with the UX branch. But using it day in and day out... I honestly don't think I could touch the old UI again. Depending on your definition of a power user, I may-or-may-not be one, but I'm in love with the new interface.

Then again, I don't use 100 addons and need an addon bar to manage them, I only use about 8-9, and of those only 4 require a visible button. Being able to place some on the main bar (for those I use a lot) and some in the menu itself (for those I use, but not very often) has cleared up my interface quite a bit (since I never did like the addon bar... always looked extra ugly to me so I hid it ^.^).

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
              Indeed, they have just made the last usable browser unusable in an attempt to look like Chrome without any reason. My setup with Pentadactyl, Tree Style Tab and the Addon bar in the bottom right does not work anymore.
              And no, the Classic Theme Restorer plugin does not help.

THANK YOU MOZILLA FOR FUCKING UP BIG TIME!!!
              If you have a problem with the direction that Firefox is heading in, use Seamonkey.

It's compatible with most of the plugins and you can be guaranteed that the UI will never change.

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
                If you have a problem with the direction that Firefox is heading in, use Seamonkey.

It's compatible with most of the plugins and you can be guaranteed that the UI will never change.
                Neither Pentadactyl nor Vimperator work in Seamonkey. Why is it that any good software has to change the UI just for change's sake and fuck up the user experience while doing that?
                What comes next, Ribbons in LibreOffice? A Vim that looks and works like Gedit?

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                  I began using Chromium because the JS and overall performance seemed to be better on Linux, but still used Firefox out of habit. But after working a bit with the Australis interface it kind of seemed to me that if Firefox was going for the Chrome-like minimalist interface, I might as well just use Chromium and pick up all the other benefits of sandboxing and performance. So I'll be dumping Firefox.
                  What you lose is freedom and performance.

Firefox's new Javascript interpreter outperforms Chromium, it also uses less memory and CPU per tab than Chromium does too.
                  ASM.js is a suitable replacement for NaCl too because, as its not running native code, there's less to exploit with malicious scripts.

Comment

Neither Pentadactyl nor Vimperator work in Seamonkey. Why is it that any good software has to change the UI just for change's sake and fuck up the user experience while doing that?
                    Somebody doesn't understand how UI design works

As somebody using Australlis for a few months now, I feel I am qualified to say the update wasn't just "for change's sake". It made Firefox wayyy nicer to use, which is... ya know... the point of it...
                    The only thing I'm waiting for now is about:Preferences becoming the default over the preferences pop-up, and for about:addons to use the about:Preferences CSS

Comment

Vimperator is listed on the Seamonkey add-on page.

Comment

Working...
                      X