X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssokolow
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferdinand View Post
    Ah so it is the combination of having a lot of buttons and using a 5:4 monitor instead of a 16:10. I think it would be even better for you if you could make your own customizable toolbars that you can enable whenever you need them.
    From the standpoint of technical idealism, definitely, but just having the one add-on bar is good enough for me. For performance reasons, I keep my webdev addon loadout in a separate profile.

Leave a comment:

• bnolsen
    replied
    that circle back button is hideously large. For me going to moveable back/forward buttons they take up way too much horizontal space.

Leave a comment:

• stqn
    replied
    Ah so it is the combination of having a lot of buttons and using a 5:4 monitor instead of a 16:10.
    Not everyone likes to have a very wide browser window. Also, some machines have small screens (e.g. my 1024?600 netbook).

Leave a comment:

• Ferdinand
    replied
    Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
    I'm running a pair of 1280x1024 monitors and I've already removed the search bar. Here's a screenshot at my typical width but reduced height with the add-on bar visible.

(Keep in mind that I run my Firefox with window borders off and a scroll-wheel tab switching extension so I can get Chrome-like "slam the mouse to the top-most pixel row and scroll to switch tabs" behaviour... and I often visit sites where seeing the full URL can substitute for moving the mouse to check the page title via the desktop taskbar tooltips.)
    Ah so it is the combination of having a lot of buttons and using a 5:4 monitor instead of a 16:10. I think it would be even better for you if you could make your own customizable toolbars that you can enable whenever you need them.

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    Do you have screenshots for that? I think I can have 20 buttons before my adressbar becomes too small. After that I could remove the searchbar to gain an extra 10 buttons. On top of that you can use the new menu to have about 45 buttons in it. This is on a 1920x1200 monitor.
    I'm running a pair of 1280x1024 monitors and I've already removed the search bar. Here's a screenshot at my typical width but reduced height with the add-on bar visible.

(Keep in mind that I run my Firefox with window borders off and a scroll-wheel tab switching extension so I can get Chrome-like "slam the mouse to the top-most pixel row and scroll to switch tabs" behaviour... and I often visit sites where seeing the full URL can substitute for moving the mouse to check the page title via the desktop taskbar tooltips.)

Leave a comment:

• Ferdinand
    replied
    Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
    Amen. One of the biggest reasons I refuse to let go of the addon bar.
    Do you have screenshots for that? I think I can have 20 buttons before my adressbar becomes too small. After that I could remove the searchbar to gain an extra 10 buttons. On top of that you can use the new menu to have about 45 buttons in it. This is on a 1920x1200 monitor.

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    Originally posted by stqn View Post
    Edit: and no it?s never half empty, I can almost never read the whole address.
    Amen. One of the biggest reasons I refuse to let go of the addon bar.

Leave a comment:

• stqn
    replied
    Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
    The address bar is usally only used about 1/2 most of the space is empty. In opion nearly everything except back and forward and home should be there.
    I think there’s a misunderstanding here; when I wrote “address bar” I was talking of the address *field*, not the whole bar with the back button and search field and stuff.

Edit: and no it’s never half empty, I can almost never read the whole address.
    Last edited by stqn; 07 May 2014, 10:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Thaodan
    replied
    Originally posted by stqn View Post
    Thanks but I really don?t like "buttons? in the address bar. The address bar should contain only the address. And these buttons are tiny and hard to hit.
    The address bar is usally only used about 1/2 most of the space is empty. In opion nearly everything except back and forward and home should be there.

Leave a comment:

• finalzone
    replied
    Originally posted by bnolsen View Post
    okay i played more with ff29 and the customize and I got it reasonable. No I'm not super happy that its a chromium clone, makes it harder to tell them apart. I wish the tab bar would default to under the navigation bar.
    To be fair, Chomium owed the design layout to Mozilla. Fortunately, the theme can be changed, for example, Gnome Integration allows tab bar to be under the navigation bar.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X