Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.0.1 Released, Fixes Bugs

Phoronix: Qt 5.0.1 Released, Fixes Bugs

Six weeks after releasing Qt 5.0, Digia has today declared the release of Qt 5.0.1 as the first point release of this new tool-kit...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh they forgot to fix bug no. 1: "Qts CLA fucks freedom and fragments the community". They really need to do that. Maybe they just dont care about developers freedom and securing copyleft. Oh yeah they need to fix bug no. 2: "Closed source Qt modules must be liberated".

What a bunch pf freedom hating posers. Anyone supporting this shit are nothing more than worn out groupies who didnt learn the lesson from Oracle. Well maybe they like the submissive part where their freedom is being fucked. I hope for their recovery though. Regaining enough self respect and saying NO to crap like CLA is tough though. Stockholm syndrome will also cause people to actually defend this kind of abuse. Sad but true. Im praying for the victims.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
      Oh they forgot to fix bug no. 1: "Qts CLA fucks freedom and fragments the community". They really need to do that. Maybe they just dont care about developers freedom and securing copyleft. Oh yeah they need to fix bug no. 2: "Closed source Qt modules must be liberated".

What a bunch pf freedom hating posers. Anyone supporting this shit are nothing more than worn out groupies who didnt learn the lesson from Oracle. Well maybe they like the submissive part where their freedom is being fucked. I hope for their recovery though. Regaining enough self respect and saying NO to crap like CLA is tough though. Stockholm syndrome will also cause people to actually defend this kind of abuse. Sad but true. Im praying for the victims.
      Funkstar just to fuck with you im gonna keep saying this every single time you bash Qt. The difference between Digia and Oracle? Oracle didn't have a contract with KDE that said if $CURRENT_OWNER_OF_Qt ever fucks over the Qt Community they are legally obligated to give KDE a BSD Licensed version of Qt with all closed source modules included with a Copyrigt assignment BACK to KDE.

There is LITERALLY no danger to using Qt thanks to that contract because they CANT pull an oracle and if they TRY to then we would have Digia-Qt and KDE-Qt and I'd be willing to bet that KDE-Qt would become the new Qt standard
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

So our first victim of Stockholm syndrome is here to defend Oracle2. How sad. Well KDEs paper deal aint worth shit. Oracle2 has plenty room to fuck freedom.

Trailing open source version by a year.
        Keep releasing closed source, closed governed modules.
        Refocusing on non free platforms.
        Be idiots.
        Stop developing, refuse new community commits and make Qt a cashcow.
        Etc.

It is really easy. If Oracle2 really cares about freedom, they would stop the horror of CLA.

Comment

So our first victim of Stockholm syndrome is here to defend Oracle2. How sad. Well KDEs paper deal aint worth shit. Oracle2 has plenty room to fuck freedom.
          Funky, your time would be better spent building a better alternative than going all Westboro Baptist on us.

Fact is, Qt is by far the best free toolkit around, it is fully GPL, multi-platform, stable, featureful, supported by a lively community and has been leading Linux desktop innovation since 1996.

If you want to replace it with something else, make sure that you have a fully GPL toolkit that is better.

In general, the correct way about doing Free Software development is to offer a solution which is better. Your way seems to be FUD, sabotage, and trolling. Simply contribute code to competing toolkits until they are better, it is much more effective. Your current approach has been failing for more than 15 years, you should have learned by now.

Comment

BTW, which compiler do you use?

GCC requires copyright assignment. LLVM can be closed by anyone, which is worse than GPL+CLA.

I wait, let me guess. You use the Fedora default and will kill everyone who runs anything that is not Fedora default? Same as always then.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
              BTW, which compiler do you use?

GCC requires copyright assignment. LLVM can be closed by anyone, which is worse than GPL+CLA.

I wait, let me guess. You use the Fedora default and will kill everyone who runs anything that is not Fedora default? Same as always then.
              GCC requires CA to FSF who will never close it up or do commercial shit to compromise freedom. Unlike Oracle2. Arch BTW.

Comment

GCC requires CA to FSF who will never close it up
                And Qt is secured against being closed by a legal contract. So it will not be closed either.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                  And Qt is secured against being closed by a legal contract. So it will not be closed either.
                  Qt is not secured to be copyleft(free software). And new Qt modules can be closed source making the open edition lack features. This is happening right now. Sure you dont care about freedom. Why dont you take your Qt to windows it seems like the right place for you.

Comment

What a bunch pf freedom hating posers.
                    Don't you support Steam?

Anyone supporting this shit are nothing more than worn out groupies who didnt learn the lesson from Oracle.
                    Who actually had issues with Oracle? I haven't -- the open source software they make is good, actually (eg. VirtualBox).

Well maybe they like the submissive part where their freedom is being fucked.
                    Nope.

Stockholm syndrome will also cause people to actually defend this kind of abuse. Sad but true.
                    Will the AMD syndrome save people from the eviiiil NVIDIA? Sad but true.

Im
                    I'm. FTFY.

----

While we're at toolkits, can I have my GTK3 Windows port please?

Comment

Working...
                    X