LXQt 2.0 Released For Qt6 Desktop Port, Greater Wayland Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAINFIRE View Post

+1 for a proper dink test. -1 for Freedesktop.org banning Hyprland lead dev; don't care whatever non-tolerant reason they had.
    That's the paradox of tolerance. If you or your community openly accept intolerance, the intolerance will dominate. A tolerant community can not persist, if they are accepting of intolerant people.

Comment

Originally posted by Noitatsidem View Post
      the cursor resizing between apps is because hyprland uses hyprcursor by default which not all apps respect/even know that it exists. More to the point, since the developer got himself banned from FDO hyprcursor is even less likely than it was before to become a free desktop standard - I think the name would've hurt its chances to begin with but stranger things have happened.
      It really is a shame he's banned. I'd of liked a more modern way to render cursors but its a joke if apps won't even respect it.
      It doesn't have anything to do with hyprcursor. The issue happens on other wayland compositors in the first place, Even on sway if you have say firefox and MPV side by side it can happen. It's happening to me right now on cosmic too. This is just yet another wayland fuckery issue.

Comment

Originally posted by fallingcats View Post

That's the paradox of tolerance. If you or your community openly accept intolerance, the intolerance will dominate. A tolerant community can not persist, if they are accepting of intolerant people.
        I'd have fully backed fdo if they banned him for something he did on their systems. But for them to go police what he says elsewhere seems a bit much, no matter how much you dislike it. Are they going to start searching through everyones old youtube comments to see if anyone ever made a joke in bad taste there?

Comment

Originally posted by fallingcats View Post

Freedesktop is free to administrate their forums and discussion sections.. However,

WHY ARE THEY DIGGING IN PEOPLE'S SOCIAL LIFE?

It boggles my mind that there's a dedicated enforcement group for policing internet activity.

I don't like Hyprland and I don't condone vaxerski's behavior but what Freedesktop is doing is abusing the little power they have over personal disagreements. It's ridiculous that they're restricting his ability to submit perfectly fine code over this.
          Last edited by Kjell; 17 April 2024, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Really wish Michael would bring attention to Freedesktop's overreach of power..

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

I'd have fully backed fdo if they banned him for something he did on their systems. But for them to go police what he says elsewhere seems a bit much, no matter how much you dislike it. Are they going to start searching through everyones old youtube comments to see if anyone ever made a joke in bad taste there?
              I am going to use one of Benno Rice's conference. Imagine one of your co-worker bullies you on social networks but not inside the working group. Would you rather have your working group ban him or would you accept to be banned because you answered to the bullying inside the workgroup ?

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
                I would love if phoronix made some benchamarks to see if this can be called lightweight in any sense of the word.

KDE Plasma is pretty lightweight as it is now, and to best of my understanding you cannot make it significantly lighter without ditching Qt.
                yep. even with firefox autoloading on a fresh boot w/a 150+ tabs open plasma 6 on OSTW is using maybe 3GB, although usually by the time that I see the memory usage Ive also got an ungoogle chromium instance loading, google chrome loading(flatpaks and OMFG people bitch about firefox snap?! try chrome or chromium flatpak FFS! MINUTES!), open steam client...

The chrome(ium/steam) instances are just to get them started up after a fresh boot and get the unbearably slow bringup out of the way... they of course launch much more quickly once cached...

Why am I doing this, this is nothing about LxQt other than Qt via plasma6... Ill go away now... (other than to say that my arch notebooks are on plasma 6.0.4 but OSTW 041624 is still on .03 as I just checked, BUT they're on the same kernel(minus distro build/config diffs...)) alright cya...

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                  This is just yet another wayland fuckery issue.
                  funny how i've never had this issue despite exclusively running wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by Noitatsidem View Post

funny how i've never had this issue despite exclusively running wayland.
                    congrats I guess? This is a very well known issue, You have consistent cursor sizes across frameworks but that's about it because once again, wayland doesn't have a proper way to signify this yet. If you google "wayland cursor changes sizes" you get plenty of varying results.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

It doesn't have anything to do with hyprcursor. The issue happens on other wayland compositors in the first place, Even on sway if you have say firefox and MPV side by side it can happen. It's happening to me right now on cosmic too. This is just yet another wayland fuckery issue.
                      No it's not,it's different scaling for X and Wayland.

You have to export XCURSOR_SIZE=48 (or some value of 16/32/48/64) to a size matching the dpi so the cursor scales the same in X windows as in Wayland windows.

Comment

Working...
                      X