Firefox 124 Now Available With Screen Wake Lock API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anux View Post
    Every 2 weeks + additional bug fixes inbetween. It certainly was much better when they had their sane versioning and not just made releases for the sake of releases, but sadly its also the smallest of Mozillas problems.
    Oh, I missed that. I don't think this is going to be good for piece of mind in regards to security. It is was 123.0 then 123.1, then 124 at the same pacing, I'd feel better about it. I know they are just numbers, but presentation can be important.

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
      Hm, I feel like this was already used in the past when watching videos for example?
      I think this is for the web pages themselves. Firefox obviously prevents dimming/locking with videos prior.

edit:
      This would probably be for situations like online games that use a controller as the controller often times doesn't register in regards to screen locking or say a F1 track status page that has radio feeds and car location data would be good examples.
      Last edited by jeisom; 19 March 2024, 10:44 AM. Reason: scenerios.

Comment

Originally posted by _NetDin0_ View Post
        Does anyone know why I have hardware acceleration on YouTube but not on Netflix?
        Might be that Netflix uses a different video codec than YT, which your system does not support. If that's not the case, it is probably Widevine DRM that is throwing a spanner in the works.

Comment

The wakeLock support was removed from the final 124 release due to some bugs and potential security issues.
          Removal from 124 and adding it back into 125 betas was completed in this ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            For real?
            Originally posted by Nozo View Post
            Yeah, they are finally taking Android x86 and Orange Pi users into account.
            Not only that, Android 10 and newer have a desktop mode for devices which support external displays (which are mostly high-end smartphones). You can use it with LineageOS and it works reasonably well since LineageOS 21 (Android 14), but you have to enable it manually in the settings.

Comment

Good to know there is a feature complete API now but I'm already happy the way it works in Plasma/Wayland sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by jeisom View Post

I think this is for the web pages themselves. Firefox obviously prevents dimming/locking with videos prior.

edit:
                This would probably be for situations like online games that use a controller as the controller often times doesn't register in regards to screen locking or say a F1 track status page that has radio feeds and car location data would be good examples.
                Great another annoyance to turn off on every site that tries to control my browser.

Comment

Working...
                X