Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 124 Now Available With Screen Wake Lock API

Phoronix: Firefox 124 Now Available With Screen Wake Lock API

The Firefox 124.0 release binaries are now available ahead of the official release announcement tomorrow...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

support on Android for HTML drag-and-drop API support when using a mouse
    For real?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      For real?
      Yeah, they are finally taking Android x86 and Orange Pi users into account.

Comment

Originally posted by Nozo View Post

Yeah, they are finally taking Android x86 and Orange Pi users into account.
        too late though, Firefox on arm is weird

Comment

Firefox for Android also now has Pull to Refresh enabled by default
          Oh good, one more thing I have to remember to turn off whenever I change devices.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            For real?
            It only seems weird because most people think of smartphones when Android is mentioned. But it turns out Android is also used on many SBC platforms and embedded devices.

Comment

support on Android for HTML drag-and-drop API support when using a mouse
              I had an x86 tablet with Android+Windows (deleted Windows) so this feature could be useful for me. Had because eventually internal eMMC died and now I am thinking what to do with it - its hard to find a service in my location capable of soldering a new chip and using it with USB constantly is not really comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoronos
                Forget about x86, it is history.
                I don't think so. There are quite a lot of areas where no contender is in sight.

Comment

The Screen Wake Lock API is a way to prevent the device from dimming or locking the screen when the web page/app is running.
                  Good, might end an annoyance. Currently when watching videos in FF, I've had to disable my screensaver.

Comment

Originally posted by bachchain View Post
                    Oh good, one more thing I have to remember to turn off whenever I change devices.
                    Well, this is the way that the mobile browsers that 99% of people actually use work (i.e. Chrome and Safari), so it seems sensible that the default behavior on Firefox mobile would be the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X