Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFmpeg Merges DVD-Video Demuxer

Phoronix: FFmpeg Merges DVD-Video Demuxer

Better late than never, merged yesterday into the FFmpeg Git codebase is a DVD-Video demuxer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally! I will be able to rip my enormous DVD library with no quality loss (remux to MKV).
    Goodbye Handbrake, you will not be missed (especially for refusing to implement lossless remuxing…)

Comment

Originally posted by aviallon View Post
      Finally! I will be able to rip my enormous DVD library with no quality loss (remux to MKV).
      Goodbye Handbrake, you will not be missed (especially for refusing to implement lossless remuxing…)
      Was perfectly possible before by first mounting the ISO/DVD. This is just a bit more convenient.

Comment

Very useful, ~10 years after I threw all my DVDs into the trash bin.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          Very useful, ~10 years after I threw all my DVDs into the trash bin.
          Some are already destroyed by disc rot: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_rot

Comment

I really hope they didn’t add CSS descrambling or it’ll become a PITA to download/redistribute.

Comment

Originally posted by EphemeralEft View Post
              I really hope they didn’t add CSS descrambling or it’ll become a PITA to download/redistribute.
              It is just using dvdread. It's up to the OS or downstream package how they deal with the optional dependency.

Comment

Working...
              X