KDE MegaRelease 6 Debuts For Plasma 6.0, KF6 & Gear 24.02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post

However in my case it is possible to enable vulkan which appears to be activated in gpu page.
    Wait for new Chrome or something.
    Code:
    vulkaninfo | grep version
    DRM kernel driver 'nvidia-drm' in use. NVK requires nouveau.
    ERROR: [../src/nouveau/vulkan/nvk_physical_device.c:932] Code 0 : VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER
    TU: error: ../src/freedreno/vulkan/tu_knl.cc:232: device /dev/dri/renderD128 (nvidia-drm) is not compatible with turnip (VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER)
    VK_LAYER_MESA_device_select (Linux device selection layer) Vulkan version 1.3.211, layer version 1:
    VK_LAYER_NV_optimus (NVIDIA Optimus layer) Vulkan version 1.3.277, layer version 1:
    I don't want to go back to Nouveau because I don't know if it would be successful. Plasma 6.0.2 is coming soon.​

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post

However in my case it is possible to enable vulkan which appears to be activated in gpu page.
      WIth Nouveau and MESA 24.0 (I need freshly MESA)
      Code:
      TU: error: ../src/freedreno/vulkan/tu_knl.cc:232: device /dev/dri/renderD128 (nouveau) is not compatible with turnip
      (VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER)

ERROR: [../src/nouveau/vulkan/nvk_physical_device.c:949] Code 0 : WARNING: NVK is not well-tested on GP107, pass NVK
      _I_WANT_A_BROKEN_VULKAN_DRIVER=1 if you know what you're doing. (VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER)
      TU: error: ../src/freedreno/vulkan/tu_knl.cc:232: device /dev/dri/renderD128 (nouveau) is not compatible with turnip
      (VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER)

Comment

Originally posted by Rovano View Post

Wait for new Chrome or something.
        Code:
        DRM kernel driver 'nvidia-drm' in use. NVK requires nouveau.
        ERROR: [../src/nouveau/vulkan/nvk_physical_device.c:932] Code 0 : VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER
        TU: error: ../src/freedreno/vulkan/tu_knl.cc:232: device /dev/dri/renderD128 (nvidia-drm) is not compatible with turnip (VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER)
        VK_LAYER_MESA_device_select (Linux device selection layer) Vulkan version 1.3.211, layer version 1:
        VK_LAYER_NV_optimus (NVIDIA Optimus layer) Vulkan version 1.3.277, layer version 1:
        I don't want to go back to Nouveau because I don't know if it would be successful. Plasma 6.0.2 is coming soon.​
        no error by vulkan info. Mesa 23.2

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
          Can't you just install previous packages on most distributions?
          Maybe yes or maybe no, but it's just a big headache, not to mention the fact that the system has to be bootable.
          With system snapshots, you restore your system in three seconds.​

Comment

Originally posted by woddy View Post
            Maybe yes or maybe no, but it's just a big headache, not to mention the fact that the system has to be bootable.
            With system snapshots, you restore your system in three seconds.​
            You can always use a chroot, but yeah that's not as comfortable as just booting the previous version in the bootloader.
            Personally I don't use snapshots for that but borg, but again it's not as quick, it just makes more sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

You can always use a chroot, but yeah that's not as comfortable as just booting the previous version in the bootloader.
              Personally I don't use snapshots for that but borg, but again it's not as quick, it just makes more sense to me.
              snapshot FS, easy way

Comment

Working...
              X