Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE MegaRelease 6 Debuts For Plasma 6.0, KF6 & Gear 24.02

Phoronix: KDE MegaRelease 6 Debuts For Plasma 6.0, KF6 & Gear 24.02

Today's the day! KDE MegaRelease 6 is out for shipping Plasma 6.0, KDE Frameworks 6.0, and KDE Gear 24.02 apps...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hell yeah!🎉 Hope it will land in arch repos soon.

Comment

Finally! And thanks to everyone involved - you rock! 🚀

The enthusiast inside me whishes I could install it already. The pragmatic, however, is happy that Fedora 40 will arrive with something like 6.0.4 😄

Comment

Originally posted by slagiewka View Post
        Finally! And thanks to everyone involved - you rock! 🚀

The enthusiast inside me whishes I could install it already. The pragmatic, however, is happy that Fedora 40 will arrive with something like 6.0.4 😄
        Thanking is way too easy. Put your money where your mouth is, donate.

Comment

Is already on arch testing repos but if you install it ,most probably you will end up with a black screen.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfyrion View Post
            Is already on arch testing repos but if you install it ,most probably you will end up with a black screen.
            Only in testing repos as of right now but my plan is to wait until 6.0.2 before installing on my main desktop anyway. Laptop will get it whenever it's promoted to extra.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post

Thanking is way too easy. Put your money where your mouth is, donate.
              I already am.

But yeah, let's put it out there. Donate if you can. But it's fine if those who can't are helping however else they can.

Comment

Is the remote desktop on Wayland session working in this release? It was one of the features I miss most.

Comment

Originally posted by khnazile View Post
                  Is the remote desktop on Wayland session working in this release? It was one of the features I miss most.
                  I wonder too. Maybe ngraham knows it!

Also, maybe other questions from people over here too. Make your questions!

Comment

Soo.. perhaps 6.1 in Trixie next year? That's when I plan to use this, can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                    X