No announcement yet.

KDE MegaRelease 6 Debuts For Plasma 6.0, KF6 & Gear 24.02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know when this is coming to KDE Neon?

Comment

Originally posted by khnazile View Post
      Is the remote desktop on Wayland session working in this release? It was one of the features I miss most.
      Remote Desktop using the RDP protocol for Plasma Wayland With this blog I would like to introduce KRdp, which is a new library implementing the required glue to create a server exposing a KDE Plasma Wayland session over the RDP protocol. It also contains a command-line based server which will allow remote clients to control the current Plasma Wayland session. Video file A demo of KRdp sharing the screen between two laptops

Comment

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
        Soo.. perhaps 6.1 in Trixie next year? That's when I plan to use this, can't wait.
        There is a plan to release every 4 months: https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_6. If Trixie is going to be released mid-year, it might be 6.3 or 6.4.

Comment

Congratulations to the whole KDE team. I have played some with KDE, but never really a regular KDE user. I just read through the whole linked blog post, looks nice. I will say, many years ago I noticed how nice the default UI font looked in KDE vs. whatever jankiness Gnome had going on. To be fair, Gnome has gotten better in the UI ascetics. I know I have picked a bone or two with how KDE does their configuration files under ~/.config, but that is maybe me bikeshedding a little (though I do feel a legit observation ) But yeah, looks nice and nothing but praise for the team for their efforts and hard work here!

Comment

Please post news about distro updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Terr-E View Post
              Does anyone know when this is coming to KDE Neon?
              According to his reddit posts, Jonathon Riddle is running QA on it right now. ISOs will probably available by the morning, if not sooner!
              Last edited by WonkoTheSaneUK; 28 February 2024, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks you to all developers making this what seems to be awesome release, cannot wait until i get to run this on my "production" machine once the distro releases it.

Comment

Originally posted by WonkoTheSaneUK View Post

According to his reddit posts, Jonathon Riddle is running QA on it right now. ISOs will probably available by the morning, if not sooner!
                  That will be interesting. Wonder if I'll go with it straight, or if I wait a while and go with 6.1/2 or so.
                  Linuxer since the early beginnings...

Comment

Great! Whoosh... Also is this the first time a new KDE release don't present a new official theme?

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post
                      Hell yeah!🎉 Hope it will land in arch repos soon.
                      It's been in kde-unstable for a while. Been using it ever since beta, worked fine, past an initial install glitch.

Comment

Working...
                      X