PipeWire To Work On Vulkan Converters & Processing Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=fallingcats;n1441168]

I'm not sure what your goal is here, I've just answered your original question/QUOTE]

We are talking past each other, let's move on

Comment

Originally posted by ehansin View Post

Question related to this. I am aware that PipeWire emulates PulseAudio and Jack, but also has it's own native protocol. What I read was that not many users of the native protocol yet given so much software already written to use PulseAudio and Jack, but hope was that would change in time. Question is, does anyone know the latency performance of the native PipeWire protocol vs. Jack protocol? Just curious how well the native protocol would fit for pro-audio usage cases. I assume if PipeWire can emulate Jack with good enough equivalent latencies, that it's native protocol could do the same.
      The native PipeWire API has the same low latency as JACK. The JACK emulation is implemented as wrapper around the native PipeWire API.

Comment

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
        Check the presentation (or wait for the video to be uploaded), latency is now on par with JACK.
        Originally posted by Wtay View Post
        The native PipeWire API has the same low latency as JACK. The JACK emulation is implemented as wrapper around the native PipeWire API.

Thanks both of you! I was just doing some quick Phoronix reads yesterday and overlooked the slides. The slide with this bullet-point is where I will need to pay attention if I watch the video (just need to make sure to come back to it):

* JACK latency (while using less CPU)

So much good stuff happening here, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X