Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Megarelease 6 RC2 Available For Testing

Phoronix: KDE Megarelease 6 RC2 Available For Testing

Releasing at the end of February is the much anticipated Plasma 6.0 desktop where the Wayland session is the default. Plasma 6.0 will be joined by KDE Frameworks 6.0 and the Qt6-ported KDE Gear apps too. Out today for closing out January is the second release candidate of these packages...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Been very happy with the 6.0 beta/RC series so far and I'm really excited for Plasma 6 since we won't have to wait 2 years for it to be ready for real world use.

Comment

So, I forgot what the benefits of moving to QT 6.0 were. Or is it simply about keeping with the times/version?
      Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
        So, I forgot what the benefits of moving to QT 6.0 were. Or is it simply about keeping with the times/version?
        Better Wayland support and improved performance for QML.

Comment

There are still a lot of bugs, many present from previous releases.
          It would be nice if more people would test it and send bug reports.

Comment

Still wish I could get it work on Tumbleweed, though…

Comment

Bug fest incoming

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                There are still a lot of bugs, many present from previous releases.
                It would be nice if more people would test it and send bug reports.
                Would be nice if KDE project provided a repo for Debian distros (i.e. unstable and testing) for easier installation. It's a huge hassle to test it otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Would be nice if KDE project provided a repo for Debian distros (i.e. unstable and testing) for easier installation. It's a huge hassle to test it otherwise.
                  I agree. Somebody could just distribute a single compressed tar file that can be expanded in a user's home directory. Let me see if I can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post

I agree. Somebody could just distribute a single compressed tar file that can be expanded in a user's home directory. Let me see if I can do that.
                    I don't think you can. It depends on a ton of stuff like frameworks and etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X