Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Enables OpenGL 4.6 Support Over Direct3D 12

Phoronix: Microsoft Enables OpenGL 4.6 Support Over Direct3D 12

The week began with Microsoft taking its Mesa Direct3D 12 code from OpenGL 4.3 to OpenGL 4.4 and then a short time after that reaching OpenGL 4.5. Microsoft now closed out the week by managing to get OpenGL 4.6 implemented atop Direct3D 12...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow, they are driving their EEE at full speed!

Comment

Bro spite people who do DX over Vulcan

Comment

They deserve to go Direct to the Vulkan!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          Wow, they are driving their EEE at full speed!
          Microsoft does anything
          People in Phoronix forum: Is that EEE?

This term has its definition that clearly doesn't apply here.

Comment

Is this opengl driver seriously called d3d12 or I am wrong ?
            I hope I am because that would be beyond stupidity.

Comment

It's still ridiculous that even with GL4.6 implemented, its performance on dGPU is still not as good as llvmpipe, if your CPU is powerful enough.

Comment

Originally posted by edxposed View Post
                It's still ridiculous that even with GL4.6 implemented, its performance on dGPU is still not as good as llvmpipe, if your CPU is powerful enough.
                Really? How did you check that? Any kind of benchmarks or something like that?

Comment

How long until we can do OpenGL 4.6 over Direct3D 12 over vkd3d?

Comment

Micheal must love posts about the d3d12 stuff, it almost gets as much engagement as rust topics. Side note, it's always funny to see people constantly complain that it's not vulkan after time and time being stated that vulkan isn't viable for microsoft for a multitude of reasons.

Originally posted by edxposed View Post
                    Interesting, what was your usecase, When I was testing olive via WSL2 d3d12 was much more preformant then swrendering. Granted hyper-v isnt as good as KVM, but it's not absolute dogwater either.

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
                    Is this opengl driver seriously called d3d12 or I am wrong ?
                    I hope I am because that would be beyond stupidity.
                    it's a d3d12 state tracker, I typically call it GLonD3D12 or eventually CLonD3D12 should rusticl get ported to it. but yes, it doesn't have a great name.​

Comment

Working...
                    X