No announcement yet.

KDE Addressing A Spike In Bug Reports Following The Plasma 6 Alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE needs a new design team. The only thing keeping me on GNOME is KDE's lack of any design guideline or whatsoever. It's not just consistency, overall looking of the desktop is not beautiful (at all). IMO, here's my ranking of the best DE design to the worst: GNOME > Windows 11 = macOS > [random value here] > KDE.

Also, they need something like GNOME Circle, cute little apps that represent their UX philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by archerallstars View Post
      KDE needs a new design team. The only thing keeping me on GNOME is KDE's lack of any design guideline or whatsoever. It's not just consistency, overall looking of the desktop is not beautiful (at all). IMO, here's my ranking of the best DE design to the worst: GNOME > Windows 11 = macOS > [random value here] > KDE.

Also, they need something like GNOME Circle, cute little apps that represent their UX philosophy.
      KDE's approach is pretty clear to me: mimic the Windows desktop but rip off Mac OS styling.

Comment

KDE needs a new design team. The only thing keeping me on GNOME is KDE's lack of any design guideline or whatsoever.
        All the resources for developing using the KDE Platform

Someone did not look too far.

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

Of course not. The usual gnomshitters littering KDE threads.

Comment

If KDE Plasma was like Gnome it would have no reason to exist.
            It's different, then if you don't like it it's your problem, your "taste" is not universally recognized, so it has no value.
            It is false to claim that KDE has no design guidelines, it is just a lie!​

Comment

Originally posted by bple2137 View Post
              „Dodge windows” is the very last feature I wished was implemented for panels. It’s complete now!
              Aren't we all here to dodge Windows?

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post
                Thanks so much for the positive comments, folks!
                And thanks for your tireless work for KDE!

I'm really looking forward to 6 and hopefully switching to Wayland then. Still haven't had time to install the alpha, but i hope gamma-correction (my last big wayland blocker) is part of the color management that was implemented some time ago ^^
                I'm also pretty relieved that the transistion 5->6 really seems to be much smoother than 4->5

Comment

Unlike any of those you ranked, good for you, Plasma can look exactly like any of them. Design guidelines are applied to themes, instead of hard coding and enforcing on the user. You seem to be happy where you are. Stay there, this is not for you.

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

It seems their design guidelines need to get rewritten, then.

It's generally understanding that KDE UI is ugly, cluster, messy, even the team recognized it. While GNOME is too simple to be useful sometimes. No need to get so angry over this people 😂

Comment

KDE needs a new design team.
                      Completely disagree. To me, Plasma and Breeze is the most beautiful and elegant default-DE-Theme/Design out there. On top of that, basically no other DE offers the same possibilities to customize the design to you liking.

Yes, there still are some minor points to address in regards to consistency, but those are negligible compared to the bigger picture imho.

Comment

Working...
                      X