Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMP 2.10.36 Released As GIMP 3.0 Might Finally Be Close

Phoronix: GIMP 2.10.36 Released As GIMP 3.0 Might Finally Be Close

GIMP 2.10.36 was released on Tuesday for this long-running stable series of this open-source Adobe Photoshop alternative while GIMP 3.0 has been very slow to materialize...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yea! Linuxwacom driver workaround implemented!

Not truly fixed, just a work around.

Comment

Once they make node tools accessible for casual users, its over for autodesk

Comment

Originally posted by rogerx View Post
        Yea! Linuxwacom driver workaround implemented!

Not truly fixed, just a work around.
        It's already fixed on driver level, the workaround is for people who stuck with older version. Try troll harder next time

Comment

Really looking forward to 3.0!

Hopefully they make a pivot soon toward improving the UI over straight up new capabilities. Making it more intuitive, that's the most killer feature of all.

Comment

but GTK4 is the first version that supports wayland, right?

Comment

Time is near, but only if somebody help but 20 year old bugs doesn't help with trust for their assessment... Also some github project think that closing bugs after a year of inactivity is a good idea if nobody object or confess and transition for GTK3 also means a lot of shit development that are required for a another git branch , sorry gitlab where github account for sign in not possible or desired
              Last edited by elbar; 08 November 2023, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post

It's already fixed on driver level, the workaround is for people who stuck with older version. Try troll harder next time
                Not from what I read.

Be careful with your accusations, might find a troll living in your rear end. If you don't find them fast enough, they'll be tough to get rid of. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by enihcam View Post
                  but GTK4 is the first version that supports wayland, right?
                  GTK 3 supports it.

Comment

I kinda gave up on GIMP after I was forced to use Krita and found it to be superior in virtually every way.
                    GIMP is so bizarre and outdated it feels like the Internet Explorer of image editors, even when I've been using it most of my life.

Comment

Working...
                    X