X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    It's

Both times, BTW.

Since someone wants to throw some subtle intelligence shade with punctuation errors
    Ahaha omg you're right! That's so rich 😆

I wonder what's the right idiom... "Pot meet kettle"? Or "Throwing Rock in a Greenhouse"?

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post

I think people who attack others personally are people with low intelligence. Its pretty much pointless to make a coherent conversation with them.
      I think people who attack others personally -> I think that people who make personal attacks on others

are people with low intelligence -> have little intelligence. Maybe even include an "often" in there? Note that often should be before "have" in this case.

Its -> missing an apostrophe. Did you know that in this case, "Its" is actually a conjunction for "It is" and should be "It's" in this case? The more you know!

pretty much -> not necessary. It is indeed completely pointless.

to make a coherent conversation with them -> to have a coherent conversation with them. You aren't making a coherent conversation. You could be having a conversation though!

All in all, nice try but you need to work on it.

"I think that people who make personal attacks on others have little intelligence [are dumb]. It is completely pointless to have a conversation with them."

Comment

Originally posted by AlanTuring69 View Post

I think people who attack others personally -> I think that people who make personal attacks on others

are people with low intelligence -> have little intelligence. Maybe even include an "often" in there? Note that often should be before "have" in this case.

Its -> missing an apostrophe. Did you know that in this case, "Its" is actually a conjunction for "It is" and should be "It's" in this case? The more you know!

pretty much -> not necessary. It is indeed completely pointless.

to make a coherent conversation with them -> to have a coherent conversation with them. You aren't making a coherent conversation. You could be having a conversation though!

All in all, nice try but you need to work on it.

"I think that people who make personal attacks on others have little intelligence [are dumb]. It is completely pointless to have a conversation with them."
        My English is probably even worse in terms of using proper expressions though I almost never make errors using "its/it's".
        Last edited by avis; 07 October 2023, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
          Oh boy.. I sure hope there are no regressions, I just finally managed to properly set up my triple monitor + tv setup.
          This comment is only relevant if you are already using Wayland - if not, stick to your current build and await a stable 6.X release.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post

To be honest, you have never believed that and for years you have been a known troll that takes indecent advantage of not having a real job in order to quickly throw rubbish in KDE and Qt news. To be honest.
            He is a well-known troll, yes, but in this particular case he ain't fully wrong. I love KDE and it's my daily driver, but there are some bugs present that were reportedly fixed, in both KDE and official KDE apps. And when you go to the bug tracker and report it's still there, you can receive exactly zero answers (well, except for other people confirming the bug is still present).

But I don't agree with his conspiracy theory.
            Last edited by Vistaus; 07 October 2023, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I would be more interested in av1 at this point tbh, but vp9 is still nice.

Comment

I stopped using 3 screens a long while back when KDE's functionality broke there. Then last week I upgraded my Win7 box (htcp driving lcd / TV / projector) to Win11 and found out that Win11 no longer can drive 3 mirrored screens, only 2. Things going backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by xorbe View Post
                  I stopped using 3 screens a long while back when KDE's functionality broke there. Then last week I upgraded my Win7 box (htcp driving lcd / TV / projector) to Win11 and found out that Win11 no longer can drive 3 mirrored screens, only 2. Things going backwards.
                  I use 3 displays on my desktop and I've always loved that setup. The key to an issue free experience for me was always hard coding the display configuration in Xsetup and disabling kscreen. The little known autorandr tool can be helpful to spit out the lines you need to add to Xsetup.

Comment

such good news to hear Kscreen has finally caught up with windows. Their multiple monitor support has been feature frozen for like 25 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

He is a well-known troll, yes, but in this particular case he ain't fully wrong. I love KDE and it's my daily driver, but there are some bugs present that were reportedly fixed, in both KDE and official KDE apps. And when you go to the bug tracker and report it's still there, you can receive exactly zero answers (well, except for other people confirming the bug is still present).

But I don't agree with his conspiracy theory.
                      Presumably there is a way to get those bugs fixed, but you have to pay... Interested? then read on Sponsored Work.

Comment

Working...
                      X