No announcement yet.

KWin Replaces KScreen For Handling Monitor Arrangement Under KDE Plasma Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWin Replaces KScreen For Handling Monitor Arrangement Under KDE Plasma Wayland

Phoronix: KWin Replaces KScreen For Handling Monitor Arrangement Under KDE Plasma Wayland

October is off to a great start as February inches closer for what's expected to bring the much anticipated Plasma 6.0 desktop release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh boy.. I sure hope there are no regressions, I just finally managed to properly set up my triple monitor + tv setup.

Comment

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
      Oh boy.. I sure hope there are no regressions, I just finally managed to properly set up my triple monitor + tv setup.
      To be honest, with all the frequent news from KDE, I no longer believe their "big fixes" or "improvement". its way too often when something reported fixed or improved, said problems are still there in the next release.

Comment

I am wondering if the Desktop Zoom feature will be in the Accessibility section? That feature is badly needed there and should not be in Desktop Effects section.

Comment

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
          are you on x11 or wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
            To be honest [...], I no longer believe [...].
            To be honest, you have never believed that and for years you have been a known troll that takes indecent advantage of not having a real job in order to quickly throw rubbish in KDE and Qt news. To be honest.

Comment

The VP9 support that is merged is just the software version, the hardware accelerated bit is a mistake in the original article (as explained by another dev in the comments there), it's a separate MR: https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kpipew...ge_requests/91

Also it seems like only Intel iGPUs from 10th gen (Ice Lake) onwards as well as Arc supports VP9 hardware encoding anyway, shame that it's not more widely supported but oh well.​

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post

To be honest, you have never believed that and for years you have been a known troll that takes indecent advantage of not having a real job in order to quickly throw rubbish in KDE and Qt news. To be honest.
                I think people who attack others personally are people with low intelligence. Its pretty much pointless to make a coherent conversation with them.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
                  To be honest, with all the frequent news from KDE, I no longer believe their "big fixes" or "improvement". its way too often when something reported fixed or improved, said problems are still there in the next release.
                  You can go check KDE's GIT repo and see for yourself that the solved bugs mean very real GIT commits.

This comment made me lose 20 points of my IQ. One thing is believing conspiracies when there's no enough information or it's bound for interpretation, but here we are talking about something as solid as granite.

Comment

It's

Both times, BTW.

Since someone wants to throw some subtle intelligence shade with punctuation errors

Comment

Working...
                    X