Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbird 115 Will Be Rolling Out To Fedora Users

Phoronix: Thunderbird 115 Will Be Rolling Out To Fedora Users

Fedora with their more liberal update policies will soon be rolling out the Thunderbird 115 mail client to stable Fedora Linux users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ubuntu still have Thunderbird 102. 😥️

Comment

"fastest" is a bald-faced lie. That's the main change in 115 that I haven't been able to either uncheck or countermand using userChrome.css... the fact that so many GUI operations (eg. clicking a mail folder or message and having the relevant UI pane update) gained a noticeable response latency to them on my 2011 Athlon.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Use the flatpak?

Code:
        foo@G15:~> flatpak search thunderbird
        Name                             Description                                                                                       Application ID                                Version                    Branch              Remotes
        Thunderbird                      Thunderbird is a free and open source email, newsfeed, chat, and calendaring client               org.mozilla.Thunderbird                       115.1.1                    stable              flathub

Comment

Compile your own. Not that difficult.

Comment

Ubuntu is not a rolling release. Also: https://launchpad.net/~mozillateam/+...underbird-next

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Ubuntu is not a rolling release. Also: https://launchpad.net/~mozillateam/+...underbird-next
              Although Ubuntu is not a rolling release, it does get new Thunderbird releases backported to any supported releases. The packages from the PPA you linked should make their way into the main repos after passing whatever checks/tests/verification/etc needed for an SRU.

Comment

I'm still tempted to switch to Kontact because (a) the Thunderbird tasks don't support all-day tasks for some inane reason (you MUST manually set the time to 00:00 or 23:59 or whatever) and (b) they stubbornly refuse to allow Autocrypt, even killed the extensions that used to make it possible.

On the other hand, everyone seems to say Kontact is buggier and not as mature.

Comment

Originally posted by Estranged1906 View Post
                  I'm still tempted to switch to Kontact because (a) the Thunderbird tasks don't support all-day tasks for some inane reason (you MUST manually set the time to 00:00 or 23:59 or whatever) and (b) they stubbornly refuse to allow Autocrypt, even killed the extensions that used to make it possible.

On the other hand, everyone seems to say Kontact is buggier and not as mature.
                  Use it for youself and draw your own decisions.

AFAIAC, it's crap. Will rather use Outlook.com's calendar and ToDo any time.

Comment

There is no rush. It's bugged. There's no point in spelling it out. The main thing is that Thunderbird development has started to move more.

I guess I'll have to make a completely clean profile.

I'm using Gmail IMAP, but somehow it doesn't quite understand. Sometimes a duplicate directory appears. It does not save sent mail with attachments. We have already tried all the advice I found on the Internet. How is it possible that I delete an email in the sent directory and it is also deleted in the received one? Yes, I recommend it for testing purposes. But not on production.​
                    And the semi-functional HTML editor that's been around for years is also something. But I'll try the clean profile.

I would forgive it a lot. But the applications that handle your data should behave more predictably.
                    Last edited by Rovano; 25 August 2023, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X