Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waethorn View Post

...Paint Shop Pro.
    Sh*t!!! I've also used this thing in the early days!!! I completely forgot about it (I even had to google it)!!!

That thing was good also!!! ahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post

You mean like blender and Maya? Blender is kicking Mayas ass on features. As it says on the blender website. It's not photoshop and not trying to be photoshop. It's an image editor. If you want a tool that does what photoshop does start a project or fork gimp. Gimp is already easy to use, but it lacks some drawing tools which photoshop has. But that's OK because gimp isn't trying to be a drawing tool.
      Blender has like 3 dozen staff plus open source contributors so that's not a good comparison. Gimp is a small project. I don't know if they make much in donations, but I don't think they do. The last half of what you said is just stupid because suddenly you're admitting that it's way smaller than Photoshop. It's not in the same category. Why are you comparing it? Of course a well funded project with lots of staff will have a lot more features than a small project.

To review, someone said it's a bit limited. I said that it's no surprise because it's a small project without the funding of something like Photoshop, so it's no surprise it can't try to have similar features. Then you compare it to other big projects and tell me it's not trying to be a drawing tool. Are you referring to another place where I mentioned it was only targeted at image manipulation, not drawing? If so, what point are you trying to make?

Comment

I don't think just adding a Foundation will help them be a success story like Blender.

They would probably need to use the same approach and release a small project with each release that covers one or more commercial use cases, and use the creation process as a way of noting which parts of the tool are missing or lacking, then iterate again and cover more use cases.

You need people to be able to do work and make money with the tool to attract donations and collaborators.

Comment

Working...
        X