X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jntesteves
    replied
    Originally posted by andyprough View Post
    Instead of simply finding ways to use less memory, Mozilla gives users solutions to those many times when their browser eats up all of their system's memory.

Brilliant!
    No, not instead of. Mozilla has invested many years of engineering work into reducing memory consumption of Firefox. They can do both.

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    Instead of simply finding ways to use less memory, Mozilla gives users solutions to those many times when their browser eats up all of their system's memory.

Brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• direc85
    replied
    Originally posted by oleid View Post
    Do we know if these changes are available for Android as well?
    It doesn't look like they are: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo.../releasenotes/

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    Cool!
    But have they enabled video hardware acceleration by default now?
    Wayland and Webrender is is enabled by default now?
    Or do we still have to enable all manually?
    The update to it is not available yet to test it myself.

Leave a comment:

• oleid
    replied
    Uh, that is what buggs me about Chromium most (I use Chromium only for pages that don't work with Firefox on my work laptop with Debian 11). Very nice. Do we know if these changes are available for Android as well?

Leave a comment:

• Firefox 105 Now Available - Better Linux Performance Under Memory Pressure

Phoronix: Firefox 105 Now Available - Better Linux Performance Under Memory Pressure

While a number of recent Firefox releases have been rather "boring" on the Linux front with not many notable changes, Firefox 105.0 is out this morning and this time around is a bit more significant...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X