Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma Lands More Fixes, Theme Handling Improvements

Phoronix: KDE Plasma Lands More Fixes, Theme Handling Improvements

Even amid all the April software releases, KDE developers remain very busy working on their open-source desktop stack...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...andling-Better

Cool!
    The best desktop environment (at least for me) gets even better each week.
    Really nice, many thanks to all KDE contributors!

Comment

moving back to KDE has been a very buggy experience, but in the end it still feels like home, I would like to try wayfire, but use nested sway for quite a bit of use, and it seems like they don't always like to co-exist sadly.

Comment

Best DE ever, bar none. Powerful, configurable and fast.

Many thanks to all involved, be they developers or supporters, in one way or another.

Cheers.

Comment

I think I found a new 15 minute bug or I suck at bug tracker searches. A little while ago I extracted a large archive and got that extracting popup followed by the finished extraction popup with the hamburger menu. When I clicked on the hamburger menu of the finished extraction popup and selected "Move to Trash" it moved ~/Downloads (as in the entire folder) to the bin instead of ~/Downloads/GE-Proton7-15.tar.gz. Happened in the system tray notification as well after I restored my Downloads folder (wanted to see if it was the popup, tray, or both that were moving the folder and not the archive like I'd expect).

Kind of had a bit of a WTF moment when my Downloads tab in Dolphin went blank this morning updating Proton-GE.

Thankfully holding down shift to actually delete didn't work, whew, and I was able to quickly restore it all from the trash can.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
            I think I found a new 15 minute bug or I suck at bug tracker searches. A little while ago I extracted a large archive and got that extracting popup followed by the finished extraction popup with the hamburger menu. When I clicked on the hamburger menu of the finished extraction popup and selected "Move to Trash" it moved ~/Downloads (as in the entire folder) to the bin instead of ~/Downloads/GE-Proton7-15.tar.gz. Happened in the system tray notification as well after I restored my Downloads folder (wanted to see if it was the popup, tray, or both that were moving the folder and not the archive like I'd expect).

Kind of had a bit of a WTF moment when my Downloads tab in Dolphin went blank this morning updating Proton-GE.

Thankfully holding down shift to actually delete didn't work, whew, and I was able to quickly restore it all from the trash can.
            OT but you may be interested in ProtonUp-Qt. Cheers.

Flatpak
            https://flathub.org/apps/details/net.davidotek.pupgui2

GitHub
            https://github.com/DavidoTek/ProtonUp-Qt

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate View Post

Flatpak
              https://flathub.org/apps/details/net.davidotek.pupgui2

GitHub
              https://github.com/DavidoTek/ProtonUp-Qt
              Cool little utility, thanks for the pointer!

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate View Post

Thanks. Nice one. I had no idea about those other projects so that was cool to learn about, too.

Comment

Looks like I can drop the ugly plasmashell --replace workaround after log-in for battery status now, nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                    moving back to KDE has been a very buggy experience, but in the end it still feels like home, I would like to try wayfire, but use nested sway for quite a bit of use, and it seems like they don't always like to co-exist sadly.
                    I don't get what people find so buggy about it, especially if you don't use Wayland. The only really annoying bug I experience (yes, it's been reported...) is how pop-ups in Dolphin mess with being able to right-click while using Wayland. From what I recall, this is a Qt+Wayland issue and not a KDE bug.
                    There are 3 other bugs that come to mind but one of them is avoidable and another is more weird than a problem, and all 3 are Wayland-specific. Otherwise, my experience has been very stable.

Comment

Working...
                    X