Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma Lands More Fixes, Theme Handling Improvements

Phoronix: KDE Plasma Lands More Fixes, Theme Handling Improvements

Even amid all the April software releases, KDE developers remain very busy working on their open-source desktop stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool!
    The best desktop environment (at least for me) gets even better each week.
    Really nice, many thanks to all KDE contributors!

Comment

moving back to KDE has been a very buggy experience, but in the end it still feels like home, I would like to try wayfire, but use nested sway for quite a bit of use, and it seems like they don't always like to co-exist sadly.

Comment

Best DE ever, bar none. Powerful, configurable and fast.

Many thanks to all involved, be they developers or supporters, in one way or another.

Cheers.

Comment

I think I found a new 15 minute bug or I suck at bug tracker searches. A little while ago I extracted a large archive and got that extracting popup followed by the finished extraction popup with the hamburger menu. When I clicked on the hamburger menu of the finished extraction popup and selected "Move to Trash" it moved ~/Downloads (as in the entire folder) to the bin instead of ~/Downloads/GE-Proton7-15.tar.gz. Happened in the system tray notification as well after I restored my Downloads folder (wanted to see if it was the popup, tray, or both that were moving the folder and not the archive like I'd expect).

Kind of had a bit of a WTF moment when my Downloads tab in Dolphin went blank this morning updating Proton-GE.

Thankfully holding down shift to actually delete didn't work, whew, and I was able to quickly restore it all from the trash can.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
            I think I found a new 15 minute bug or I suck at bug tracker searches. A little while ago I extracted a large archive and got that extracting popup followed by the finished extraction popup with the hamburger menu. When I clicked on the hamburger menu of the finished extraction popup and selected "Move to Trash" it moved ~/Downloads (as in the entire folder) to the bin instead of ~/Downloads/GE-Proton7-15.tar.gz. Happened in the system tray notification as well after I restored my Downloads folder (wanted to see if it was the popup, tray, or both that were moving the folder and not the archive like I'd expect).

Kind of had a bit of a WTF moment when my Downloads tab in Dolphin went blank this morning updating Proton-GE.

Thankfully holding down shift to actually delete didn't work, whew, and I was able to quickly restore it all from the trash can.
            OT but you may be interested in ProtonUp-Qt. Cheers.

Flatpak

GitHub
            Install and manage GE-Proton, Luxtorpeda & more for Steam and Wine-GE & more for Lutris with this graphical user interface. - DavidoTek/ProtonUp-Qt

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate View Post

Flatpak

GitHub
              https://github.com/DavidoTek/ProtonUp-Qt
              Cool little utility, thanks for the pointer!

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate View Post

Thanks. Nice one. I had no idea about those other projects so that was cool to learn about, too.

Comment

Looks like I can drop the ugly plasmashell --replace workaround after log-in for battery status now, nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                    moving back to KDE has been a very buggy experience, but in the end it still feels like home, I would like to try wayfire, but use nested sway for quite a bit of use, and it seems like they don't always like to co-exist sadly.
                    I don't get what people find so buggy about it, especially if you don't use Wayland. The only really annoying bug I experience (yes, it's been reported...) is how pop-ups in Dolphin mess with being able to right-click while using Wayland. From what I recall, this is a Qt+Wayland issue and not a KDE bug.
                    There are 3 other bugs that come to mind but one of them is avoidable and another is more weird than a problem, and all 3 are Wayland-specific. Otherwise, my experience has been very stable.

Comment

Working...
                    X