No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma Lands More Fixes, Theme Handling Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tested KDE on Fedora and the dark theme don't have enough contrast, to have quick filtering of files I have to resource to Krusader instead of Dolphin, seriously, KDE as an whole need to improve not just the “desktop” part. Another thing is, KDE don't name the features software have, for example if you want to disable Konsole jumping to last used tab you have no name to put on Google to find if that unnamed functionality is disableable or not. KDE needs an IU and functionality/resource/feature cartographic map as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      I don't get what people find so buggy about it, especially if you don't use Wayland. The only really annoying bug I experience (yes, it's been reported...) is how pop-ups in Dolphin mess with being able to right-click while using Wayland. From what I recall, this is a Qt+Wayland issue and not a KDE bug.
      There are 3 other bugs that come to mind but one of them is avoidable and another is more weird than a problem, and all 3 are Wayland-specific. Otherwise, my experience has been very stable.
      wayland is a necessity for me, I've been getting more and more crashes lately on a more or less clean install of arch. things like kdeconnect sometimes just straight up prevent plasma from starting

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        I don't get what people find so buggy about it, especially if you don't use Wayland.
        Things that I consider to be bugs that I've experienced in the past week:

* battery status stopped showing on my laptop after updating to 5.24.3.
        * ever since 5.24 beta my whole system freezes (only reset button works, not REISUB) occasionally when making applications fullscreen. This occurred really frequently for me with mpv+VA-API (AMD) but happens with other applications as well (gwenview, wine, proton). Quite difficult to find any cause as there's nothing in a log after restarting the system.
        * gwenview won't (un)fullscreen if the image is zoomed to fit (works if image is actual size.
        * can no longer navigate next/previous image in gwenview with the keyboard if image is not zoomed to fit (space/backspace used to work until 21.08, IIRC).
        * on my intel laptop with a fresh /home dir, krunner and klockscreen don't show any kind of usable dialogue - just a grey box.
        * sometimes context menus in dolphin opened to the side of dolphin's window.
        * in current (22.04?) dolphin's details view mode (ctrl+3) right clicking the same line as a file/dir but not on its name opens a context menu for the currently open directory. Awkward if there happens to be a file named 'l' or 'i'.

I really need to find another day to trawling KDE's bug tracker sometime.

Comment

I wish Breeze had the ability to change widget and frame padding/margin sizes in order to reduce air.
          Currently it's only possible via source code modification...

Comment

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post
            * ever since 5.24 beta my whole system freezes (only reset button works, not REISUB) occasionally when making applications fullscreen. This occurred really frequently for me with mpv+VA-API (AMD) but happens with other applications as well (gwenview, wine, proton). Quite difficult to find any cause as there's nothing in a log after restarting the system.
            Are you sure this isn't a kernel/Mesa bug?

Comment

* gwenview won't (un)fullscreen if the image is zoomed to fit (works if image is actual size.
              i couldnt reproduce this on 22.04.0? which version of gwenview you were using ? and could you test it with latest version ?
              both ctrl shif f and menu (un)fullscreen working

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Are you sure this isn't a kernel/Mesa bug?
                I'm not sure, no, but downgrading those didn't help, nor has upgrading to latest releases. It started happening immediately after updating to Plasma 5.24 beta, not the kernel or Mesa, so I guess kwin could be triggering some bug elsewhere. So far I haven't found a way to debug when it happens (system is unresponsive to any input and loops the same half second of any playing audio forever).

Originally posted by usta View Post

i couldnt reproduce this on 22.04.0? which version of gwenview you were using ? and could you test it with latest version ?
                both ctrl shif f and menu (un)fullscreen working
                It happens if the image is larger than display resolution, otherwise it's OK. Versions 22.04.0 (just updated) and 21.04.3 (an older version I have a package file for). Updating loses the ability to navigate "actual size" images with keyboard again, which is really useful for comparing different versions of design images in place, so I'll revert back to older version.
                Last edited by ResponseWriter; 23 April 2022, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ⤐⤐⤐⤐ View Post
                  to have quick filtering of files I have to resource to Krusader instead of Dolphin
                  Ctrl + i

Comment

It happens if the image is larger than display resolution, otherwise it's OK. Versions 22.04.0 (just updated) and 21.04.3 (an older version I have a package file for). Updating loses the ability to navigate "actual size" images with keyboard again, which is really useful for comparing different versions of design images in place, so I'll revert back to older version.
                    I will be glad to at least try to reproduce and find out a possible patch for it, could you please share a way for me to reproduce your both problems ?
                    ( i mean an image that sure cause the problems , please give a link) and each step (without missing any info ) to reproduce ( like click here then here then here )
                    also have you tried to configure shortcuts for next image to overcome problems about switching one image to other when it is zoomed in ?

Comment

Originally posted by usta View Post

I will be glad to at least try to reproduce and find out a possible patch for it, could you please share a way for me to reproduce your both problems ?
                      ( i mean an image that sure cause the problems , please give a link) and each step (without missing any info ) to reproduce ( like click here then here then here )
                      also have you tried to configure shortcuts for next image to overcome problems about switching one image to other when it is zoomed in ?
                      Assuming the link works, it happens with this one but strangely not with a JPEG I first tried. Open image in Gwenview, press F11 or Ctrl+Shift+F. On my system (AMD 3700X + 6800 XT, FWIW) Gwenview briefly enters fullscreen then goes back to windowed mode within half a second.

There's no option for me to configure shortcuts in Gwenview, either in Gwenview itself or within System Settings. The latter simply shows
                      Gwenview:
                      No default shortcuts
                      It allows adding custom shortcuts but they don't appear to be assigned to anything (list is empty).

Screenshot_20220424_132039.jpg

Edit: on a fresh system user opening Gwenview shows a "hamburger menu" icon with an option to configure shortcuts. That doesn't appear with my older user. Maybe I should get in the habit of purging configs after major updates.

Edit: after using the slightly non-obvious shortcut of Ctrl+Alt+, I've been able to configure custom shortcuts for next and previous.
                      Last edited by ResponseWriter; 24 April 2022, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X