KDE Continues Improving Its Scanner Application, Fixing Plasma Wayland Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archola View Post
    I don't understand why they still haven't moved the bugtracker over to Gitlab (invent.kde.org), just like freedesktop.org has two years ago.
    They're used to bugzilla
    Last edited by bug77; 06 November 2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
      It does work on Wayland since afair 5.22. It's just a bit bugged when it comes to starting colord. It's also compatible with e.g. night light, so they don't override themselves anymore.
      Though it's just 1D LUT (GPU gamma ramps), 3D LUT (gamut mapping) protocol for Wayland still isn't finished.
      Oh, I see. I'm on X and I'm not sure it even works for me on X. I have colord-kde installed with all its dependencies, the color correction system settings module seems to be using the correct icc profile for my Monitor, but it says "you need Gnome Color Management installed in order to calibrate devices".

Comment

> They\re used to bugzilla

Unfortunately GitLab issues lacks many important features of Bugzilla, such as multiple resolution statuses, a “number of duplicates” counter, bulk updates, a “version reported against” field, global templates/tags/milestones/priorities (right now they are per-repo), blocking/blocked by markers, allowing reporters to categorize and tag their own bugs, the ability to have bug reports unconnected to a particular repo (where would all the `plasmashell` bugs go?), a powerful advanced search…

I used to be more in favor of moving to GitLab because of its better UI for reporting bugs, but the more I looked into it, the more I realized that it would be a nightmare for bug triagers and developers of anything except apps where there is a 1:1 mapping of repo to bug report.

(As Nate wrote)

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
          Oh, I see. I'm on X and I'm not sure it even works for me on X. I have colord-kde installed with all its dependencies, the color correction system settings module seems to be using the correct icc profile for my Monitor, but it says "you need Gnome Color Management installed in order to calibrate devices".
          Add sRGB color profile from the drop down menu and see if switching between your ICC/ICM and that profile changes color.
          But yes, it might also not be reliable on Xorg. On Xorg, also programs like nvidia-settings, xscreensaver or regular Wine Might/will reset gamma ramps (or maybe even night light).
          The confusing information box about Gnome color software is also there when it works as expected. I think it should just be removed, as colord already is a dependency of colord-kde package that offers the KCM page in systemsettings. No idea if colord-gtk is required, but if it is (it probably isn't) it could also simply be made a hard dependency of colord-kde.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
            > They\re used to bugzilla

Unfortunately GitLab issues lacks many important features of Bugzilla, such as multiple resolution statuses, a “number of duplicates” counter, bulk updates, a “version reported against” field, global templates/tags/milestones/priorities (right now they are per-repo), blocking/blocked by markers, allowing reporters to categorize and tag their own bugs, the ability to have bug reports unconnected to a particular repo (where would all the `plasmashell` bugs go?), a powerful advanced search…

I used to be more in favor of moving to GitLab because of its better UI for reporting bugs, but the more I looked into it, the more I realized that it would be a nightmare for bug triagers and developers of anything except apps where there is a 1:1 mapping of repo to bug report.

(As Nate wrote)
            Yeah, developer comfort over community engagement. A page out of Gnome's book
            There's a million solutions out there better than bugzilla, Gitlab isn't the only option. Plus "multiple resolution statuses" or "number of duplicates", really? I've been developing code for almost 20 years without needing either of those, that's how important those features are.

Comment

My number one issue is that Plasma forgets the selected keyboard layout under Wayland. It doesn't remember it per window/app/... as configured.

I wonder of there's an issue reported for this.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                No actual improvements there, you still have to figure out that neverending list of components. Last I tried, I wasn't even able to find my own bugs. It was easier to search for them in the email and use the links in there.
                There is a "My bugs" link which is now much more visible.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Yeah, developer comfort over community engagement. A page out of Gnome's book
                  There's a million solutions out there better than bugzilla, Gitlab isn't the only option. Plus "multiple resolution statuses" or "number of duplicates", really? I've been developing code for almost 20 years without needing either of those, that's how important those features are.
                  Managing bug reports for a whole organization with over a thousand source repos is a totally different ballgame from the bug triaging needs for a single app or library. You're welcome to help me triage KDE's bug reports and learn why these advanced features are valuable.

What are some of those million non-Bugzilla solutions that are better?

Comment

Whenever I see this phrase "improvements and bugs fixed" in news about KDE, I get the impression that the devs and especially Nate are a bunch of liars.

Comment

But does Kate and KDevelop protect against Unicode bidi chars used for the Trojan Source vulnerability?

Comment

Working...
                      X