KDE Sees Another Big Batch Of Plasma Wayland Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

They could borrow the code from Deepin, which is also Qt-based and already has a fingerprint manager.
    Well, it's in development, but not ready yet

https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma...e_requests/149

Some issues with SDDM etc.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Not gonna name names, but someone held shift too long
      Or pressing Caps Lock twice since under X11 you have to release Caps Lock to turn it off.

Comment

Tried it from arch kde-unstable this morning, its been many a year i've been frustrated enough to thump the desk, not being able to set a primary screen is just a dumb idea.
        trying to get everything moved over as it decided to place the panel and desktop icons on my small side monitor rather than my 27" main monitor baffles me.

Comment

plasmashell process still remains as thread-eating zombie after logging out of a session. Issue is as annoying as it is old, I've now simply put a pkill workaround into my session handling shortcuts.

Comment

Originally posted by deadite66 View Post
            Tried it from arch kde-unstable this morning, its been many a year i've been frustrated enough to thump the desk, not being able to set a primary screen is just a dumb idea.
            trying to get everything moved over as it decided to place the panel and desktop icons on my small side monitor rather than my 27" main monitor baffles me.
            But you can set the primary screen, with one single click on the display configuration page on System Settings.

Comment

Originally posted by andreduartesp View Post

But you can set the primary screen, with one single click on the display configuration page on System Settings.
              i get a primary button under X but not with Wayland.

upon rebooting into Wayland again the panels and icons have moved to the small screen, back to X.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                plasmashell process still remains as thread-eating zombie after logging out of a session. Issue is as annoying as it is old, I've now simply put a pkill workaround into my session handling shortcuts.
                This is still the one bug that makes plasma Wayland unusable for me, besides being unable to stream in discord.

if these 2 things ever get fixed, plasma Wayland would work perfectly for me ;/

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
                  This is still the one bug that makes plasma Wayland unusable for me
                  For me it's also that plasmashell instantly crashes when hovering the cursor over some tray areas too often (old bug too). It unfortunately also doesn't automatically restart, which Windows has been doing for decades.
                  Another annoying plasmashell issue that might happen rarely (I think on both Xorg and Wayland) is that it is stuck with 100% load on one thread after logging in for a while, before it gets a hold of itself and continues.
                  plasmashell really needs more love. It's really ugly in general that a user process can survive logging off from a user session.

Comment

Originally posted by deadite66 View Post
                    Back in Debian 10 one workaround was to disable and then re-enable the intended secondary display.

Nowadays I just give Plasma Wayland's screen manager the middle finger, email a bunch of insults to the relevant KDE and Debian maintainers and get on with life with a single display.
                    Last edited by Sonadow; 19 September 2021, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Back in Debian 10 one workaround was to disable and then re-enable the intended secondary display.

Nowadays I just give Plasma Wayland's screen manager the middle finger, email a bunch of insults to the relevant KDE and Debian maintainers and get on with life with a single display.
                      Why on earth would you choose single-display wayland over using X on debian? The great thing about debian is that it probably won't be wayland by default until wayland is ready. And debian 12 is out probably 2023 or so. There's a fair chance wayland will be ready by then.

Comment

Working...
                      X