Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Sees Another Big Batch Of Plasma Wayland Improvements

Phoronix: KDE Sees Another Big Batch Of Plasma Wayland Improvements

Along with releasing Plasma 5.23 Beta this week, KDE developers have been busy on driving in a bunch of Plasma Wayland fixes and other refinements to their stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Amazing to see KDE step up the stability game!

Comment

I wonder if Valve have started financing KDE developers or assigned some of their own to support it.

Comment

Originally posted by blacknova View Post
        I wonder if Valve have started financing KDE developers or assigned some of their own to support it.
        I don't think so, but they should definitely do it !
        There is not other Linux DE so welcoming for Windows users and at the same time so advanced, lightweight and customizable.
        But I think they know better since they chose it.

Comment

Nice!

I'm still hoping we will get native fingerprint manager

Comment

- Correct handling when opening windows in a PLasma Wayland session that are larger than the area they fit into.
            Not gonna name names, but someone held shift too long

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Not gonna name names, but someone held shift too long
              But if you had to, what would you name the names? And would you give them all the same name, or would you name every name differently?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

There is not other Linux DE so welcoming for Windows users and at the same time so advanced, lightweight and customizable.
                They don't really need a specific DE. They have Steam Big(Small? ;P) Picture. Everything else is just an extra.

Comment

Originally posted by blacknova View Post
                  Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

The obvious change to announce is the new website design. But there is much more to talk about.

The reality here is Valve started funding KDE kwin core work for Wayland support in 2019. Yes it been on going for over 2 years now. Yes that funding is why we have KWinFT now. Yes this funding is part of the funding behind David Edmundson work on robustness. Valve is in fact putting money into KDE not all of it end up in core KDE. Its valve for your they are willing to back more than one possible winner.

So Valve has kind of picked KDE or KDE like as what they want to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Krteq View Post
                    Nice!

I'm still hoping we will get native fingerprint manager
                    They could borrow the code from Deepin, which is also Qt-based and already has a fingerprint manager.

Comment

Working...
                    X