KDE 4.2.2 Desktop Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
    Aside from that Smplayer GUI is the most userfriendly one out of all players I tried and it beats many of windows only players too ... It justs has all the options where I would expect them to be. It's a joy to use

The crucial part is also that it goes even further and adds options that mplayer doesn't have ... One of such options is remembering the track position so when you close the file and open it up again you start at the same point where you ended. Considering that mplayer engine structure is constructed in a way that requires file restart whenever change in crucial play settings occurs (for example turning On/Off when playing a file) then this Smplayer ability is really a killer feature.

Needs vdpau support.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Needs vdpau support.
      It's a front-end :P If MPlayer has vdpau, then SMPlayer has it too automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        It's a front-end :P If MPlayer has vdpau, then SMPlayer has it too automatically.
        Last time I checked there was still issues with it when used with smplayer (could be just mplayer though) with falling back to software if vdpau can't do the decoding.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          Needs vdpau support.
          maybe if you have new nvidia card , quite frankly I don't own one so I don't care about it.

Comment

Working...
          X