No announcement yet.

Firefox 89 Released With UI/UX Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting to observe how it's almost cultural obligation to bash one product over some unimportant design choices (after looking at one screenshot). I wonder what reactions chrome would have gotten. It was very predictable without looking at the screenshot or reading the article how the first post would look like ....

Comment

with a modern and more inviting UI
      So it is generally agreed upon that software that looks like this is modern?

Just sounds like someone's (slightly tacky) theme to me. There is no such thing as "modern" looking software. Go 200 years into the future and software will probably look the same. Probably closer to the simplicity of Windows 3.1 even

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
        Very interesting to observe how it's almost cultural obligation to bash one product over some unimportant design choices
        Congratulations on your election as the president of what is important to other people 👏👏👏👏👏🖕👏👏👏👏👏

Comment

Personally I like how it's look BUT yeah, float tabs it's not so smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiba View Post
            Congratulations on your election as the president of what is important to other people 👏👏👏👏👏🖕👏👏👏👏👏
            You know. I am not going to argue here with you about that, but if corners are round, or tabs more flat does simply not matter for the functionality as a browser. Also, try to consider this perspective: We have regular meetings where we schedule and discuss design changes, because average human must see differences from here and then. Otherwise, he will start believing the product is old, or deprecated. However, the completely random taste of what is considered modern in the particular week of the meeting can only be extrapolated by looking at what's been modern last week and make changes based on that, but don't deviate too much or it's too outlandish (We'll get there the week after). The customer needs to be programmed, otherwise he does not know what he wants. It's actually quite sad and embarrassing.

Comment

i like the new restyle. in my opinion much better then the actual all squared design

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post

You know. I am not going to argue here with you about that, but if corners are round, or tabs more flat does simply not matter for the functionality as a browser. Also, try to consider this perspective: We have regular meetings where we schedule and discuss design changes, because average human must see differences from here and then. Otherwise, he will start believing the product is old, or deprecated. However, the completely random taste of what is considered modern in the particular week of the meeting can only be extrapolated by looking at what's been modern last week and make changes based on that, but don't deviate too much or it's too outlandish (We'll get there the week after). The customer needs to be programmed, otherwise he does not know what he wants. It's actually quite sad and embarrassing.
                Lolwut? There are tons of softwares that haven't had design changes, not even smaller ones, for years, yet market share is still high. So design changes don't mean that people will stop using it because they think it's old.

Comment

I've been using the 89 via Flatpak all morning. It's not horrible. The tab buttons actually match Adwaita style better than the old tabs did. That said, I still wish the buttons were connected at the bottom to look more like actual tabs.

I think the hamburger menu probably needs to be broken into two menus, one to control the application/window (new tabs, bookmarks, settings, etc), and the other to control the current tab (printing, screenshots, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Lolwut? There are tons of softwares that haven't had design changes, not even smaller ones, for years, yet market share is still high. So design changes don't mean that people will stop using it because they think it's old.
                    Ok, I will inform the management.

Comment

is this the same team that redesign the android version?
                      cause they sure made a huge mess of that one and this one in the screenshot looks horrible. and i have 100+ tabs open (for various reasons). i'm afraid to update at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X