• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dirlewanger88

So America then. Got it.
    What are you on about!?

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
      Holy moly! What a bunch of sissies* being offended by "Scheiße".

It's a very good example on the contrary, as you can do it on a phone keyboard with a long press on the s (I have to switch to german keyboard first though).

The ä, ö, ü, ë, ï, ê, î, é, à, è, ù and such are very easy to hit on azerty keyboards. Probably Hungarian, Polish, Czech, Swedish, etc... have their own easy ways to type the many accented characters in their language.
      On qwerty, not so much since the English language doesn't have many.
      Hitting accented characters through long presses would make it much much easier on qwerty keyboards and even if common in some leyboard layouts, it's still great if you can avoid changing your hand position to reach the combining keys.

* back off SJWs
      You are dead wrong.
      AZERTY is probably only used in France. In Poland only QWERTY is used. In the past it was mainly American ASCII, but now there's also international ISO used. (there are also some Dvorak/colemak, etc users, but definitely not AZERTY users)

Comment

Originally posted by evil_core View Post

You are dead wrong.
        AZERTY is probably only used in France. In Poland only QWERTY is used. In the past it was mainly American ASCII, but now there's also international ISO used. (there are also some Dvorak/colemak, etc users, but definitely not AZERTY users)
        I'm not wrong. You READ wrong.

I listed some accented characters from the azerty layout, and then mentioned other type of languages with known specific accented characters which would probably use some specific layout. I wasn't talking about azerty there. The 2 ideas were dissociated.

Also, azerty is the standard in Belgium (included for dutch speakers).

Comment

Working...
        X