X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is comment #50 "unapproved"?

Comment

Originally posted by mppix View Post

If it helps: Debian stable + Gnome 3.34 and testing + Gnome 3.38, both Wayland: Firefox (both from Debian repo and flatpak) in default config with some extensions has never crashed. Force enabling Webrender and/or HW acceleration is not perfect, yet but I also had only one crash so far.

For testing, I would recommend to install the vanilla firefox with flatpak (without changing anything in about:config and only install "verified plugins"). This uses limited system libraries and different conifg files; I'd be very surprised if that crashes as well..
      Well, crystall from mozilla privy me and i sent all i could think of, but i'm sure you are right and i may try it as well but i'm swamped atm and Brave work so well that is low priority for me atm but i will try once i have free time

Comment

Originally posted by gbcox View Post
        Your comment is hidden because you used the word re:tard. I think the owner of the website has some brain damage and feels offended by the use of that word.

Comment

Originally posted by curfew View Post
          Your comment is hidden because you used the word re:tard. I think the owner of the website has some brain damage and feels offended by the use of that word.
          What are you even talking about? Posting an offensive comment and believing it is somehow clever or amusing speaks volumes. It is neither.

Comment

Originally posted by gbcox View Post
            Not sure if it is still happening, but the anti-spam logic would sometimes leave random posts unapproved until the moderator approved.
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Not sure if it is still happening, but the anti-spam logic would sometimes leave random posts unapproved until the moderator approved.
              Yeah it still happens but not nearly like it used to

Comment

I like plugins of firefox mobile but the debuger in chrome is better... nice to have options.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  I've been here on Phoronix for quite some time you may have noticed. Too often I see self-entitled open source fans who make huge demands as if them using Open Source makes them some sort of privileged people. Again I'm not talking about you personally - it's just been the trend recently. I remember ten years ago people were a lot more modest and didn't post "F-ck NVIDIA" in each thread. I don't even understand why this shift has occured. Maybe it's because of Reddit.
                  well.... "F-ck NVIDIA" is very sane statement.

"open source fans who make huge demands as if them using Open Source makes them some sort of privileged people."

looks like to be a sane statement to.

i really think YOU are the one who become old man who in fact don't get the point of modern time.

Buy a radeon RX 6900XT and drop your NVIDIA insanity. to become human again.
                  Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Michael

You don't return my emails, your personal website contact form is seemingly broken (you've ignored my last four or five submissions), so I hope I can reach you here:

This is absolutely worth sharing here in Phoronix: https://twitter.com/marcan42/status/1333126001161773056
                    Well, Michael has a history of not replying to contact emails, at least for me (I apparently registered with my preferred username, but never got a response to activate it or whatever the process was, so I registered with this name). But why would we care about whether or not people pay to port linux to current apple ? Since most people here don't pay, pointing out that there is an attempt to get people to pay for porting linux on current apple seems somewhat redundant.

However, at least you are not trolling again, so we have something to be thankful for. ;-)

Comment

Absolute most Linux users couldn't care less about the company "abusing" GPL because it's mostly BS. What they do care about is proper support for their hardware.
                      But they don't get that support on mainstream kernels, do they ? The general situation with nvidia machines is that the binary drivers don't support a current kernel, and apparently nouveau is hampered because nvidia won't release the details in a timely manner. So a year-old nvidia graphics card might mostly work, but only at slow speeds (which seems to matter for the gamers her).

Comment

Working...
                      X