LibreOffice 7.0 Is Already Approaching A Half-Million Downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    You have anger management problems, it's not a good thing to melt down like this over a free office software.

Hell, I don't melt down like this over MS Office (especially Outlook) that is objectively a pile of crap, and is a paid software

Ah, but you are the guy that melts down like that also with Raspberry pi too right? You really need to put some brakes on, possibly seek some professional help.
    Yep, he has a passion for hatred and conflict. One tiny mistake and we are all victims.

Comment

Is 420k supposed to be a lot of downloads? I have no way to compare the number to anything, but assuming everyone needs a free office pack I would think it should be at least 10mil or something.

I mean, e.g. MinGW has 1.5 mil. downloads per week on sourceforge, and it is niche use and not even updated.

Comment

Originally posted by krOoze View Post
        Is 420k supposed to be a lot of downloads? I have no way to compare the number to anything, but assuming everyone needs a free office pack I would think it should be at least 10mil or something.
        A lot of people are still using MS Office in Windows (and a smaller group on macOS), so not "everyone" needs this. And even within the free software crowd, there are also quite a lot of people that wait for the first 'service pack' update (i.e. 7.0.1) to not become victims of 'first release bugs'.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Yep, he has a passion for hatred and conflict. One tiny mistake and we are all victims.
          Nothing productive to do, huh, "honorary editor"?

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew View Post
            Nothing productive to do, huh, "honorary editor"?
            He is confirming the analysis of a "Premium supporter", that's an important thing. Premium Supporters like to get feedback like that, and they are paying customers.

Comment

He is confirming the analysis of a "Premium supporter", that's an important thing. Premium Supporters like to get feedback like that, and they are paying customers.
              Nothing AT ALL to do, huh, "Premium Supporter"?

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew View Post
                Nothing AT ALL to do, huh, "Premium Supporter"?
                Yeah, it's one of the perks of being rich

Comment

I agree with Danny-boy, here. They should do something productive instead, like writing a bunch of useless comments on this forum, and then come back and actually read and respond to the replies. Like the absolute winners that we all are!

Anyway, for some reason the Arch LO package has not been updated to 7.0.

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew
                    if you have to brag about either of the two, you have neither.
                    Or I'm just playing with you

Comment

Or I'm just playing with you
                      There are two kinds of sociopaths: those who talk ALL the time, and those who don't.

"I well understand the honourable gentleman's desire to speak on...he needs the practice badly."--Sir Winston Churchill.

Comment

Working...
                      X