Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 7.0 Is Already Approaching A Half-Million Downloads

Phoronix: LibreOffice 7.0 Is Already Approaching A Half-Million Downloads

It was just one week ago that LibreOffice 7.0 was released and it has already seen around a half-million downloads for this leading open-source, cross-platform office suite...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...0-Half-Million

I assume they have counted the .torrent files downloaded too, because I always download it this way for speed and easy integrity check.

Comment

"LibreOffice 7.0 Is Already Approaching A Half-Million Downloads"

Why?
      Nothing productive to do?

Comment

I couldn't activate the OpenCL option. Has anyone had any success? I have installed the vulkan driver; support for the vulkan driver was the main reason I am interested in LiberOffice 7.0.

I am running the LibreOffice 7.0 appimage on Ubuntu 20.04.1. My machine is Ryzen 7 + Radeor R580.

Comment

Want to know how lame LibreOffice is?--

Michael Larabel wrote this article at 6:56 am. At 2:49 pm, there were a grand total of three comments here.

I guess those half-million people (probably up to a million now, by LO's highly-accurate counting system), who downloaded LibreOffice, are too busy checking to see if any miracles have happened yet...

Comment

Originally posted by ping-wu View Post
            I couldn't activate the OpenCL option. Has anyone had any success? I have installed the vulkan driver; support for the vulkan driver was the main reason I am interested in LiberOffice 7.0.

I am running the LibreOffice 7.0 appimage on Ubuntu 20.04.1. My machine is Ryzen 7 + Radeor R580.
            It is reasonable to assume the OpenCL option has been deprecated. Ran the flatpak version and also thought the vulkan option would be an option but cannot find it so I would guess it is enabled by default on version 7.0+

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew View Post
              Want to know how lame LibreOffice is?--

Michael Larabel wrote this article at 6:56 am. At 2:49 pm, there were a grand total of three comments here.

I guess those half-million people (probably up to a million now, by LO's highly-accurate counting system), who downloaded LibreOffice, are too busy checking to see if any miracles have happened yet...
              Dude what's wrong? Why are you so angry at LO?

Comment

Well, it's only available for Debian Unstable and Fedora Rawhide users atm. Some distros ship with beta/rc versions. Don't care about Appimage. Would basically mean manual package management.

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew
                  [...]
                  Tell us about your problems, dude, which, by your response, you have implicitly stated are considerable.
                  Great, the tinfoil hat crowd didn't get left behind with USENET. Now, instead of just blasting us with ordinary random capitalization they abuse the markup features of obscure forums. Maybe you should get together with Jumbotron and discuss ways for further conveying your wild eyed and dishevelled rants. I understand he has a big ol' jug of ARM kool-aid you can both swill....

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew
                    How in the world are you mistaking hilarity for anger?
                    You have anger management problems, it's not a good thing to melt down like this over a free office software.

Hell, I don't melt down like this over MS Office (especially Outlook) that is objectively a pile of crap, and is a paid software

Ah, but you are the guy that melts down like that also with Raspberry pi too right? You really need to put some brakes on, possibly seek some professional help.

Comment

Working...
                    X