X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rene View Post

that and:

qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/swiftshader/third_party/LLVM/
    Yeah... I'll admit I'm very not a fan of that, it really does not make a whole lot of sense within the context of Qt... and it should probably be demoted to an external library...

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

Good luck auditing such software. Nowadays hard drives offer up to 12-16 TB. Should the apps consume 1 TB already? I kind of thought the size of the executable is proportional to the functionality it provides, not some constant fraction of maximum disk space.
      Sorry it's not the 80s anymore, we've been past "auditable software" for quite a few years, now we've got to rely upon Linus's Law https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus%27s_Law . Code in the MLOC order or even the 100s of KLOC orders cannot be understood by any single person. Furthermore the size of executables nowadays is a rounding error compared to the content that they're loading. Just to use an example: Dishonored 2, the actual executable 40MB... the entire game folder? 42GB

Comment

Well this discussion escalated quickly...

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post
          It's fine.

Everything is fine.

(flames raging in the background)

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post
            Welcome to Phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by hreindl View Post

idiot!
              You do know that it is not necessary to insult people to make a point, right?

Comment

Does anyone know if the KDE devs are still working on fixing fractional scaling? I use a 24'' 1440p monitor and need 1.2x scaling as 2x is too big. With 1.2x I get weird horizontal line artifacts in Konsole and Kate though. ATM I set my DPI to 106 and increased icon sizes as a workaround, but having this feature work properly would be super nice ofc.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

OMG... it's almost as if Qt as a whole package is a large platform framework that has some of the best documentation on the market rather than just a poorly documented small library... everyone run for their lives!

Grow up. It's 2019 not 1999, storage space is effectively infinite, especially on Linux where everything links against system libraries rather than their own local copies. You really think a measly 2 GB everyone is sharing matters when the average game is 50 GB, when Intellij is 1.5GB? You're offended over nothing.
                  Unless you have a limited internet connection, then 2GB is quite a lot. But I agree with you otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

It's fine.

Everything is fine.

(flames raging in the background)

Comment

Originally posted by kiffmet View Post
                      Does anyone know if the KDE devs are still working on fixing fractional scaling? I use a 24'' 1440p monitor and need 1.2x scaling as 2x is too big. With 1.2x I get weird horizontal line artifacts in Konsole and Kate though. ATM I set my DPI to 106 and increased icon sizes as a workaround, but having this feature work properly would be super nice ofc.
                      Yes we definitely are. Konsole and Kate have some of the highest-profile bugs, and they've turned out to be very challenging to fix, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                      X