GNOME Shell + Mutter 3.31.4 Deliver Desktop Performance Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frank007 View Post
    I remember Gnome 2, and Kde3 was great at his time, but how can an application of Gnome 3 change the permissions of my $HOME directory (no more writable!) without any permission (obviously, it never have to do it!)? Sorry, I'm going to drop from my installed system any Gnome 3/Gtk3 application. Sorry.
    I'll give a chance to Lxqt, then to Windows 10.
    A misbehaving application is not something Gnome or KDE (or any DE) can control since they are just desktop environments and permissions isn't their job. If you can't trust an app then you should install it in a sandbox environment like Flatpak or Snap.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

If you like GNOME 2 still, give MATE a try. If you like KDE 3 still, give Trinity a try. MATE is the continuation of GNOME 2 while Trinity is the continuation of KDE 3.
      No more Gtk3 apps, nor DE.

Comment

On Fedora 29 Gnome shell I thought was a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by deant View Post
          im pretty sure the clock screen is the screen saver
          Unfortunately, it is not. It is an "shield" (as they call it) that hides your screen when you are away. And you need to "swipe" it with mouse to remove it (i found later that ESC also works).

Comment

Originally posted by buzzrobot View Post
            Ubuntu's Gnome includes a setting I've found blanks and locks the screen even if screen lock is disabled, typically via Gnome Tweaks. I'm not on Ubuntu at the moment, and can't recall the exact name of the setting, but if you install and run dconf-editor, then search on "Ubuntu", the relevant result should be obvious. Just toggle it off.
            I already did that (turned off lock screen on several places, including everything I found in dconf-editor), but it is still there, like a zombie that just wouldn't die...

Comment

Working...
            X