System76 Gets On The GNOME Advisory Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

ubuntu 16.04 is a great distro, stable and fast. Pop_os is bad ubuntu 18.04 looks bad maybe the problem is DE choice

The problem is Ubuntu itself, IMHO, it is defective by design if I compare it with Debian (IMHO). People who moved from Ubuntu to Debian never came back.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post

The problem is Ubuntu itself, IMHO, it is defective by design if I compare it with Debian (IMHO). People who moved from Ubuntu to Debian never came back.
      The thing about adjectives is that you don't throw them around without a clear reasoning behind it. What exactly is "defective" about Ubuntu? In my arrogant and trollish opinion, "defective" would fit Debian better.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post

The thing about adjectives is that you don't throw them around without a clear reasoning behind it. What exactly is "defective" about Ubuntu? In my arrogant and trollish opinion, "defective" would fit Debian better.
        Mmm... Let me see, below the main issues I got (always IMHO) when I moved from Ubuntu to Debian

Sudo enabled by default
        PPAs that break the system
        Unsupported repos and buggy packages
        Unstable by default
        Blob drivers oriented

Those are still the main difference between the two distro but the PPA (unfortunately). However when the bundle packages (flatpak, appimage and snap) will be better integrated in GNU I believe the PPA will be dismissed, at least the bundle packages do not break your system as the PPA but not sure if they work on kernel space.

Comment

Working...
        X