DragonFlyBSD Pulls In The Radeon Driver Code From Linux 4.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    I was looking at the Q4 numbers from here and counting everything non-discrete as intel: https://wccftech.com/nvidia-amd-disc...4-2018-report/
    I think the remaining difference might be a function of you looking at 2018Q4 and me looking at 2019Q1:

The quarterly market watch report from Jon Peddie Research is out and shows some very interesting numbers. The PC GPU market shrunk by 18.6% on a quarterly basis and 10.7% on a year over year basis. Considering the YOY metric accounts for seasonality, it shows a significant shrink in the market. AMD seems to be […]
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post

This is the dumbest comment I've seen in quite awhile. One idiot responding to another idiot.
      Red Hat is a billion dollar company and uses GPL. What company develops BSD licensed software that turns a profit?

Comment

Originally posted by GI_Jack View Post

Red Hat is a billion dollar company and uses GPL. What company develops BSD licensed software that turns a profit?
        Without going to search, out of hand iXSystems and Netgate come to mind.. Probably plenty more. Don't forget also that lots of sources meant for adaption are released under BSD or MIT on purpose.. AMD driver sources for example. It's the least prohibitive form.
        It's possible thus, you don't need to mandatorily 'vendor-lock' it using a viral license-enforcement.
        Last edited by aht0; 15 August 2019, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X