Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by verde View Post
    hahahaha really funny!

I already wrote that if this poll wants to be serious statistics, there should be limits on the voting access (number of posts, registration date etc).

I am sure thats the reason Fedora kept up with Ubuntu the first days.
    If you are sure you most probably does not have a problem to show us a similar post from the Fedora forums. Otherwise this statement simply seems to be a butthurt Ubuntu fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
      ...seems to be a butthurt...
      You seem to have an anal fixation in this thread.

What I see from the anti-Ubuntu crowd, is that they tend to be unrespectful, they polarize the debates and disregard any codes of conduct.
      Such behavior is unacceptable, and makes me dislike the distribution they support.

Comment

• Manjaro / Arch-based surpassed ubuntu and fedora within a few hours in jul 30,it's incredible!

Comment

• Originally posted by hooluupog View Post
          Manjaro / Arch-based surpassed ubuntu and fedora within a few hours in jul 30,it's incredible!
          Quite surprising given the very small user base. It would be funny to see the benchmarks switched over to that. And it would likely cause an overall reduction in website traffic, more so than the other larger distributions. Much of the readership is drawn to the distro being tested, and Ubuntu tests are good for traffic. Why else would there be a flame article about Ubuntu at least every second day on here.. if not to drum up traffic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
            Well this is like democratic elections in the US: The one who advertizes most wins (being black doesn't hurt neither).
            Democracy in US is like ability to choose between Pepsi and Coca for a drink.

So, still... this poll is far more democratic than US democracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
              If you are sure you most probably does not have a problem to show us a similar post from the Fedora forums. Otherwise this statement simply seems to be a butthurt Ubuntu fan.
              You didn't get my point about Fedora. In this case some Ubuntu haters created fake accounts to vote against Ubuntu. "LinuxGamer" must have more than 15 accounts!

You can clearly see it on the voting trend. When some children (i dont want to believe that they are mature adults) tired this process Ubuntu got ahead again (first time was the first hours of the poll).

Fedora is congenial to me and i really dont think that those children have anything to do with the Fedora community. They just used whatever came second to help it pass Ubuntu.

As i said there should be limits in this poll for users with less than 7-10 posts and registration date after the poll. This way the poll would be more accurate.
              Last edited by verde; 31 July 2013, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Manjaro / Arch-based surpassed ubuntu and fedora within a few hours in jul 30,it's incredible!
                Gee, I wonder how many of those votes are accounts with 0 posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by peppercats View Post
                  Gee, I wonder how many of those votes are accounts with 0 posts.
                  About half of them. The smallest percentage of votes will come from actuall Arch users as many of them have explained here already.

Comment

• Originally posted by verde View Post
                    1. Fedora was leading ahead of Ubuntu since the poll started and then for 2 days solid until late night on the 29th when Ubuntu got 1 vote more than Fedora. Manjaro / Arch-based had only like 10 votes.

2. You going to accuse me of multi-accounting because I voted for Fedora as well? Go right ahead, Michael can tell you otherwise.

3. I voted Fedora because it was my choice to make, not because it's the next big thing to Ubuntu.

Comment

And that's good! Fedora would be a very bad choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X