Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
    *sigh*

This comes in late, I know... Fact is, it doesn't matter where you live, you could live buried under a rock in the middle of the Sahara desert and use Fedora or whatever, and still the system wouldn't be able to ship with nor provide within it the means to install patented software, because Fedora is sponsored by Red Hat, who are housed in the USA, so while you are not liable, THEY f***ing are! So while you may not give a rat's ass about the USA, likewise the company is not going to break the law of the country their offices are in, period...

AFAIK that was one of the reasons why Shuttleworth settled Ubuntu in South Africa (or better said, why that fact rather) was an advantage to Ubuntu, escape USA patent jurisdiction. But that didn't excuse them to still require to tell their users, and not ship by default, but rather as an installable option

Stop being an ass and do some research!

PS: I don't live in the USA neither.
    It seems we've got some misunderstanding here. I know where Fedora comes from and I know it's sponsored by Red Hat. I don't give a shit about USA's law and I don't give a shit about Fedora either. However, Fedora's policy isn't the most annoying thing, but it always looks like pre-alpha software. It's sad Arch users vote for this mess, because Manjaro is far more polished and user friendly.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
      You're not very good at identifying trolls, then. On the pro-Ubuntu side we have verde and Pawlerson. On the anti-Ubuntu side we have LinuxGamer and jrch2k8. Just that the anti-Ubuntu side posts much, much more often.
      Oh man, we're trolls because some great troll like you tagged us like that? Could you elaborate more on this topic or it's just, because you're thinking you're some oracle?

Comment

• Originally posted by ворот93 View Post
        I think Steam Hardware Survey data says it all:

Ubuntu outmatches other distros combined. If Phoronix is to remain a Linux Gaming (not fanboy) website, Ubuntu is the obvious choice.
        Phoronix is a gaming site now? Can you please link to the official announcement, thanks.

Comment

How old are you, boy? Your writing is barely intelligible.
          This !

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisb View Post
            Canonical had subsidiaries in a whole bunch of countries. http://www.canonical.com/about-canon...ct/our-offices

I think they are heading development in London.
            I know, but Ubuntu originated out of Isle of Man since that is where it all started and came to be.

Comment

I think Steam Hardware Survey data says it all:

Ubuntu outmatches other distros combined. If Phoronix is to remain a Linux Gaming (not fanboy) website, Ubuntu is the obvious choice.
              Really? A software specifically advertised for and mainly aimed at Ubuntu has Ubuntu used by a large chunk of its users? Wow, what a surprise, who could think of that?

About Phoronix being a gaming site:
              Phoronix Media is the largest Internet media company devoted to enriching the Linux hardware experience and catering its content to Linux gamers and computer enthusiasts. Its properties primarily focus on Linux hardware reviews, software previews, community technical discussions, and other technology related topics. Phoronix Media also backs a free software repository and the leading open-source Linux benchmarking software.
              http://www.phoronix-media.com/index.php?k=contact
              Gaming is not in the main focus of Phoronix, so your argument is invalid.

Comment

• Originally posted by pmorph View Post
                Phoronix is a gaming site now? Can you please link to the official announcement, thanks.
                But also: is Ubuntu a representative GNU/Linux distro?
                I don't think. Canonical/Ubuntu is a very specific product, based on GNU/Linux, but it largely deviate from all the other GNU/Linux distributions.
                And in the future Canonical/Ubuntu will deviate even more.
                So, while speaking of classical GNU/Linux desktop, Canonical/Ubuntu is a stranger. This is a fact.
                No one interested in GNU/Linux can see something of representative in Canonical/Ubuntu.

I'm not saying that Canonical/Ubuntu should not be considered, but speaking of GNU/Linux, Canonical/Ubuntu matters as much as Android or Tizen.
                Canonical/Ubuntu is another thing.
                Last edited by Maudit; 29 July 2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Unless you are doing a particular solution test, really just having a look at the running processes and kernel config should say much about what to expect. If you have a kernel-config for the test you are doing, you will have the best results, and if running processes are getting in the way, one can try and renice processes optimally. And then probably the most full-featured professional distro, will probably win, as processes reniced usually gives the same performance, as more masochistic distros.

Peace Be With You.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                    About Phoronix being a gaming site: http://www.phoronix-media.com/index.php?k=contact
                    Gaming is not in the main focus of Phoronix, so your argument is invalid.
                    Phoronix Media is the largest Internet media company devoted to enriching the Linux hardware experience and catering its content to Linux gamers and computer enthusiasts
                    /cough /cough

Comment

• Originally posted by synaptix View Post
                      /cough /cough
                      Opensource drivers are much faster with Fedora than with Ubuntu, gesundheit!

Comment

Working...
                      X