No announcement yet.

Advertisements On Phoronix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a premium subscriber, but at work I read without signing in (and can't install an adblocker). Lately, there have been unskippable ads for AAA that cover the entire screen; there's an X in the corner but it doesn't work.

Any way to stop them?

Comment

• Originally posted by CarVac View Post
      I'm a premium subscriber, but at work I read without signing in (and can't install an adblocker). Lately, there have been unskippable ads for AAA that cover the entire screen; there's an X in the corner but it doesn't work.

Any way to stop them?
      When you are logging into the forums are you checking on the 'remember me' box?
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• I'm specifically *not* logging in at work.

Comment

• If you aren't logging in, there isn't a way to bypass it but is set to show up to 1 time per 24 hour period for that large ad.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• What's with the ad that impinge the content. I am a subscriber but links from Twitter don't always oasis the premium site. The last article I read that way had an ad that kept adding a white border that came in from 3 sides, covering over the text as it did, trying to force you to read and click the ad. The x to close moved with it, just adding to the annoyance. Plus it kept doing this every few seconds.

I'm not surprised that people block ads if that's what's out there.

Comment

• Site should dial back a bit with the ads for non-premiums, truly. Content is literally unreadable on smartphone because all you can see are endless ads, sometimes covering entire screen (ad visible on bottom, top and middle at the same time)

I get you have to make revenue somehow but current amount of advertising is more than anything driving users off towards using adblock or simply not visiting at all

Comment

Working...
              X