Proton 9.0-1 Released With Many Improvements For Steam Play Linux Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton 9.0-1 Released With Many Improvements For Steam Play Linux Gaming

Phoronix: Proton 9.0-1 Released With Many Improvements For Steam Play Linux Gaming

Valve and CodeWeavers have announced the availability of Proton 9.0-1 as their Wine downstream that pulls in DXVK and VKD3D-Proton along with other changes and powers Steam Play for Linux desktop gaming and on the Steam Deck...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What more you need now than playing Gollum on linux?
    Attached Files

Comment

is wayland support coming to Proton ?

Comment

Originally posted by luno View Post
        No, its actually not enabled.
        We have put it on "proton-cachyos" behind a env variable (https://github.com/CachyOS/proton-ca...58aebad2e65054) , but the expierence is generally a mixed match, since its based on wine 9.0 and does not include the recent upstream wine-wayland patches.

Comment

Tangentially related, but I got the Steam survey today on my new desktop build. It only picked up the iGPU from the 7900X3D and not the dGPU. Probably not a lot of submissions that look like they are trying to game on Tumbleweed with the weak sauce Zen 4 iGPU .

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post
            Tangentially related, but I got the Steam survey today on my new desktop build. It only picked up the iGPU from the 7900X3D and not the dGPU. Probably not a lot of submissions that look like they are trying to game on Tumbleweed with the weak sauce Zen 4 iGPU .
            Same here. Picked also my iGPU instead of NVIDIA. Quite funny. Maybe they silently want to increase AMD Marketshare.
            Had it now the first time since several years

Comment

Originally posted by ptr1337 View Post

Same here. Picked also my iGPU instead of NVIDIA. Quite funny. Maybe they silently want to increase AMD Marketshare.
              Had it now the first time since several years
              Or maybe it's just a bug and not a major conspiracy by big valve.

Comment

Waiting for Steam to support Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by luno View Post
                  Proton is a fork of wine. Wine is still developing their Wayland support. in wine 9.x you can enable the Wayland support but it's hit or miss, i.e. not ready for mass usage yet.

In other words I'd say that it's "in progress"

Comment

Photography Simulator
                    I can't believe that's real. I watched a few minutes of the dev live streaming it and decided it isn't the game for me. It inspired me to go and play Photography Reality. Here's the first bloom of one of my new roses.

Comment

Working...
                    X