Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post

Wayland is the most secure.
    Irrelevant when all the software (like proton) are and will remain indefinitely based on libraries like libX11 and XCB.
    All wayland does in that case is add to the attack surface.

Which is why its important to remind everyone wayland is still malicious garbage that you should uninstall everytime wayland is mentioned, otherwise several HBGary personas slip into fantasy land pretending it actually works.
    Last edited by mSparks; 07 May 2024, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post

Irrelevant when all the software (like proton) are and will remain indefinitely based on libraries like libX11 and XCB.
      All wayland does in that case is add to the attack surface.

Which is why its important to remind everyone wayland is still malicious garbage that you should uninstall everytime wayland is mentioned, otherwise several HBGary personas slip into fantasy land pretending it actually works.
      Now you admitted that insecure features come from X11. There is progress although I am not hopeful when that is you. So, for better security the programs should be ported to Wayland instead of using xwayland. Twist this now. You are very good at it, although your dancing disgusts me.

Comment

Now you admitted that insecure features come from X11. There is progress although I am not hopeful when that is you. So, for better security the programs should be ported to Wayland instead of using xwayland. Twist this now. You are very good at it, although your dancing disgusts me.
        nope, wayland has pretty much exactly the same security risks as X11, in fact much worse when security matters.
        However, X11 plus wayland has at least double the security risks of X11 alone,

so you should uninstall wayland for better security especially since wayland is dead with the miniscule number of developers for it giving up when they finally accepted wayland is badly written malicious garbage lacking even the most basic features you need for a desktop environment.

Proton users especially should really follow that advice, since games on proton lose all their hardware acceleration on 90% of games machines active in the wild if they try and use a wayland based xdg session.

Of course, you could get a similar security improvement by unistalling xorg-server and xwayland.

Try that and see what still works on your desktop, proton stuff wont lol.
        Last edited by mSparks; 07 May 2024, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post

nope, wayland has pretty much exactly the same security risks as X11, in fact much worse when security matters.
          However, X11 plus wayland has at least double the security risks of X11 alone,

so you should uninstall wayland for better security especially since wayland is dead with the miniscule number of developers for it giving up when they finally accepted wayland is badly written malicious garbage lacking even the most basic features you need for a desktop environment.

Proton users especially should really follow that advice, since games on proton lose all their hardware acceleration on 90% of games machines active in the wild if they try and use a wayland based xdg session.

Of course, you could get a similar security improvement by unistalling xorg-server and xwayland.

Try that and see what still works on your desktop, proton stuff wont lol.
          lol wayland securty aint better x11's been round forever devs know it inside out wayland’s just hyped up nonsense proton games on x11 go brrrr wayland’s a mess for gaming

Comment

wayland security huh x11 is the foundation wayland jus on top no need for security theater like wayland x11 was good enuff for decades why change stay with x11 no to wayland bloated nonsense xwayland is jus a crutch kid stop tryin to make fetch happen

Comment

Working...
            X