Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 40 Beta Released With Many Improvements

Phoronix: GNOME 40 Beta Released With Many Improvements

The beta of GNOME 40 is out today, one month ahead of the stable release of this big open-source desktop environment update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Phoronix, the only website that makes news about a whole new desktop env version and it's improvements but not showing any pictures nor links to pictures so we can see...

Comment

Let me know if they completely overhaul the entire interface.
      Until then, I'm not interested.

Comment

Simple question... is it as good as KDE yet?

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
          Fantastic question. Its been better since 1997.
          Last edited by Justin; 25 February 2021, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I dumped KDE for Gnome 3.0 already a decade ago and every time I try to reinstall KDE and see it out, it's such a miserable failure. Don't troll.

Comment

Your question imply it is actually possible for GNOME to ever be as good as KDE...

Comment

Dumb question - is the "disable outdated extensions by default" refer to any extension that could be updated according to extensions.gnome.org? Or just extensions that aren't explicitly compatible with the current Gnome version?

And if I'm not interested in their default, do I have to dig through dconf-editor to turn that off?

Honestly I've got in a habit of ignoring gnome-* updates when a new version hits the Arch repos for 6-8 weeks (usually after the .1 packages come in) since the packagers barrel ahead without any regard to commonly used extensions like Dash-to-Panel, Arc Menu, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by curfew View Post
                  I dumped KDE for Gnome 3.0 already a decade ago and every time I try to reinstall KDE and see it out, it's such a miserable failure. Don't troll.
                  This is my experience as well. GNOME was better even at the initial 3.0 release. KDE trolls always pretend to ignore the mountains of problems KDE 4 onwards always had.

Comment

Yawn. That Gnome vs KDE is really getting old.

Comment

Working...
                    X