Libreboot Leaves The GNU, The Free Software Foundation Denounced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, to me the thing is:

1) Childish reaction and words by libreboot representative. Even if that injustified dismissal were true (she doesn't provide evidence -could be a web link, for example-), words like that are not acceptable by any kind of representative (be it of a company or organisation), even if she feels personally feels grief about this pieve of news.
    2) Matters related to FSF's employees are subject to employement law and reviewable by courts. Does she have infinite wisdom to know for sure that there are no issues with the employee that constitute a misconduct? Is there a legal action in course?
    3) In the light of 2), and until things are clear, a temporary measure would have been the best alternative, IMHO.

Next piece of news, please. It is not worth going around in circles about this thing.

Comment

Everyone calm down. Everyone is jumping to conclusions and we still don't know what happened here. We aren't getting the full story.

Mabey there was just cause, mabey there wasn't. Everyone speculating is out of their damn mind.

Comment

Really, I do not understand what's actually happened here, what was the cause of "the incident" and why are nearly(actually over) 50 comments on this topic. While other more important topics are too few comments.

Comment

The problem it's not being transgender or lesbian or gay or whatever... Rather it's the fact that you are identifying your persona as part of a group that makes sexual discrimination the founding pillar of his existence, when in reality there is no difference (in terms of rights) between any sexual inclination. And you put the "interests" of this lobbying group over your work ethics. This is in many ways similar to the behaviour of a sept adept. As an employer or business partner, I would never do anything with someone who can wake up one day and go crazy on the basis of nonexistent sexual discrimination.

In any case, the socio-economic stratification of the US population is showing up quite clearly as of lately. To me its just another proof of the failure of capitalism/free market, at least the one made in USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Geopirate View Post
            There is more clarification about the situation if you click the link at the end of the article and read the actual message the article is referencing....

It seems most of the people who have commented here didn't take those few seconds.
            I was talking about her email, not phoronix article, which is why I referenced whats-her-name and not Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by onicsis View Post
              Really, I do not understand what's actually happened here, what was the cause of "the incident" and why are nearly(actually over) 50 comments on this topic. While other more important topics are too few comments.
              It's because everyone who is sane hates an SJW feminist extremist cunts & dicks and will take any opportunity they get to bash them. And that is good, that gives me faith in what's left of humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                Maybe we can benchmark that diff to show actual average percentage in reproducable way
                Michael, can we have a module for this benchmark in the Phoronix Test Suite?

Comment

Originally posted by Geopirate View Post
                  There is more clarification about the situation if you click the link at the end of the article and read the actual message the article is referencing....

It seems most of the people who have commented here didn't take those few seconds.
                  Did somebody notice the signature in her email still proudly contains all the links to both, FSF and GNU.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

It's because everyone who is sane hates an SJW feminist extremist cunts & dicks and will take any opportunity they get to bash them. And that is good, that gives me faith in what's left of humanity.
                    if you hate them you are no better

Comment

Originally posted by Aleksei

There's nothing else in the mail.
                      you misunderstood. The main problem about the mail are the claims without sources, not about all that SJW or transgender thing. That is completely irrelevant. If you start to discuss SJW and transgender things following the mail you can only lose.

The form of claiming such things is _bad_, real bad, so bad I would fire person doing claims in such a silly way causing only troubles and destroy peaceful environments within companies, which _is_ a valid reason to fire somebody and every sane court will agree here.

Comment

Working...
                      X