No announcement yet.

Libreboot Leaves The GNU, The Free Software Foundation Denounced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RMS had donated a lot of money to the transgender community in hopes that those funds will help in finding a cure.

Comment

Originally posted by quaz0r View Post
      how about this: it IS (obviously) a mental disorder, not "diversity" that should be encouraged or "celebrated,"
      AND people should be nice to each other regardless, and not discriminate?

25 years later, people are still having the same argument...

Comment

The lesson is here is to not hire transgender people as doing so could make you catch flack in case you would need to fire said person.

Comment

So much hate everywhere. guys chill out for christ sakes...

Comment

He, he and when stright people are fired they don't complain, but those LGBT just tend to like to complain too much

Maybe we can benchmark that diff to show actual average percentage in reproducable way

Comment

Does anyone even use Libreboot? It is compatible with mostly old hardware most people would not consider using in 2016 unless they are really anal about being libre in EVERY possible aspect, and willing to rock a 10 year old laptop in 2016 which is also pretty expensive as I saw some refurbished old laptops that are fully libre and they were pretty expensive for the hardware they offer.

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
                It could very well be that there's another side to the story and that Rowe's facts are wrong. The person mentioned may have been fired for other reasons.
                So you say yourself its a 50:50 Situation and we should not prejustice. But then you say this:

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
                But attacking Rowe on principle without knowing the facts is just pure hate. My first reaction is that she's telling the truth. Why lie about something like this?
                So we have a pissed off person here who makes claimes without backing them. And we should follow that person without wondering or asking for clarification?

That is the real issue in hiring a SJW, you can fire them because they are bad at their job or letting your company look in a bad light, because you will be the bad company who just fired a person because they are a woman/not white/ not cis/... .

So all what this incident does is tell companies to not hire a person who yould in any way be associated with SJW. Which i do understand very well. Not because i am against trans but i am against making drama because you cant stand you did something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
                  This seems so unlike RMS, I have a hard time believing it, also I'm unable to find any information on that subject.
                  It does seem unlikely. Stallman has frequently highlighted LGBT issues in his political notes.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                    He, he and when stright people are fired they don't complain, but those LGBT just tend to like to complain too much

Maybe we can benchmark that diff to show actual average percentage in reproducable way
                    Yeah but nobody is fired because they are straight. They can be fired because they slept with the owner/managers wife/girlfriend but that is a different kettle of fish to "i'm firing you because you are a guy who likes girls". However, there are many times when gays and lesbians are fired because they like someone of the same sex and the stats are worse for the trans community.

Comment

Originally posted by quaz0r View Post
                      how about this: it IS (obviously) a mental disorder, not "diversity" that should be encouraged or "celebrated,"
                      AND people should be nice to each other regardless, and not discriminate?

*sound of minds exploding*
                      First of all: It doesn't look very well, if one describes his own two liners as mind-blowing, especially if they aren't really that amazing.

You are not the one to decide what does and what doesn't constitute a mental disorder. The word "disorder" is not used to characterize patterns by how much they deviate from some standard of behavior as you or I perceive it. "mental disorder" is a scientific term and the results of scientific studies is presented in journals and summarized and codified for actual use in works like the DSM-V in which a conscious decision was made to abandon the term "gender identity disorder". As long as there is no distress involved, by the standards of the DSM-V there is really nothing pathological about being transgender, which is a sentiment that's in line with any definition of "mental disorder" I'm aware of.

The only thing "obvious" about this might be, that it differs from what you expect. But that doesn't qualitfy you to classify it as a mental disorder. Calling it an obvious disorder is simply wrong based on the current state of the scientific debate (and yes, of course there is debate. But the debate is not at some point at which it might have been decades ago, where one would be justified in saying that this is obviously considered a mental disorder).

Comment

Working...
                      X